Feedback on Nostalgia Years Game Icon (GFX)

Hello everyone! I’ve been around the developer forum for a bit helping others with the same subject, which in this case is GFX. However, I’d love to know you guys opinion on this game icon I’ve made for my Old Roblox 2007-2009 recreation. The goal I was going for is simplicity, but with a modern touch.

Is there anything in specific I should try? Change? Stop doing? I want to better my work, and that starts with others feedback.

Thank you very much!

(Sorry, I realized I only had the 512 x 512 image! Hope the quality isn’t too low.)

9 Likes

I love it! Its So vibrant and smooth. 10/10. Well Done!

3 Likes

Thank you!! :white_heart:

Is there anything you think I should change, and if so, what do you recommend I could do to improve?

1 Like

No I think its perfect the way it is! Everything just reminds you of nostalgia!

2 Likes

How cool is that?
Damn amazing! 10/10. no flaw, no problem. everything has fallen in the right boxes!

2 Likes

I think it looks exceptional, it’s realistic, and looks like old roblox if i’ve ever seen it! I think the text could use some more work too. Overall I really like the aesthetic of this. Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree! The text at the bottom could fit the text at the top, and could have some nice gradients added to it to make it look a little better. I’ll try that! Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: :white_heart:

1 Like

No problem, I have a cool font you might like, PM me if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I will do so now! I have the time! Thanks! ^^

1 Like

Only 1 major flaw, the visor, instead of that 2019 or 2020 (I forgot now) visor, it should be wearing the red and white visor from 2007, the black and blue visor from 2008, or the black and yellow visor from 2009. Id go with the 2007 one, its the nicest looking visor IMO

4 Likes

Classically cool! I’m thinking of making it like as if one side half on the left will show the old roblox features, and on the right side, can be showing the current features of Roblox

2 Likes

Oh! I thought I had the correct visor! I didn’t play with this account in 2007-2009 so I didn’t obtain that visor. This might be the 2011 one, not too sure, but I’ll certainly attempt a re-render with a different one. Thanks!

1 Like

That sounds like a cool concept! However, if it doesn’t include any modern mechanics In-game, and solely features old game mechanics, then I think an old and nostalgic game icon should be the way to go. Thanks for the idea though, and your feedback.

3 Likes

The default avatars in 2007-2009 were like this, so you should change the “ROBLOX” logo on the torso to the “R” logo

2 Likes

The following post here shows the time period of 2006-2007, but I understand how I’d need to change it since the time period of the game is 2007-2009. I’m just taking bits and pieces from these eras, and not actually staying strict to the timeline 2007-2009.

1 Like

It looks so clean! The baseplate, the setting, and the render fit in so well! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Isn’t that the 2019 visor?

Might want to switch it out to the 2007 one given that the logo the avatar is using was only used back then really. It was switched to the solid R by 2008.

2 Likes

Yes. It was that visor in specific. I had gotten confused since the only things switched were the black outlines. Thanks! Like I said, I’ll make a re-render with that hat, and update the text as feedback had came in for that earlier.

Also, I’m aware the logo was switched to the solid R by 2008, but I’m taking bits and pieces from these eras (2007-2009) so I’ll be sticking with the current logo, as I feel it suits the scene better.

Thanks for your feedback! :white_heart:

Looks great but the text at the bottom could need a tiny bit of improvement.

1 Like