Feedback on Obby Masters Beta

Hey everyone, I’d like to get some feedback on a new game that i started working on recently called Obby Masters:

I already have many plans for the future of this game but i would like to get some early feedback to make sure I’ve got the basics right

Existing plans for the future:

• Leaderboards - displays top players with various stats such as Obbies complete, stages complete, Best times for each obby, highest level and robux donated
  • Challenge Obbies - randomly generated obbies using a list of hundreds of unique stages. They last for 10 minutes and the participating players get a certain amount of EXP determined by their level and ranking
  • Custom Obby Builder - allows players to build their own obbies and publish them for other players to play

Feedback I’m looking for:
(No need to answer all of the questions, I know its a lot :sweat_smile:)

• Existing plans for the future - are they good ideas? Will it make my game stand out more?
  • Game UI - is it a good design? is the colour choice good? is it easy to understand?
  • Game design - Is it well made? is there any bugs that you can find? is the EXP gain too high, too low or perfect? are the obbies too difficult?
  • Game Icon - How can I improve the icon?
  • Suggestions - do you have any ideas that could benefit my game?

Thank you in advance for any feedback and suggestions you have

Maybe you should open the game so that people can play it.

Sorry, i forgot to change it should be able to join now

1 Like

UI
While I personally do not like the font choice (it is incredibly thick, but I can understand its appeal), the UI visuals are overall good. The [2x EXP] being in a different font is not ideal.
In terms of UI function, the menuing is far too slow. It takes more than a second for settings to come up.

The timer should be stabilised, as it oscillates a lot due to varying digit sizes.

Game Design
The core gameplay loop is pretty decent! Very neat and classic obstacles, and I love the concept as a whole. I do think it takes way too long to fall, however. I would suggest lowering the map or raising the death-height.

I don’t understand the purpose of the level system, nor why there would be a [2x EXP] game pass.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

I will definitely make these changes to the UI and the death-height soon.

as for your question about the level system, it is mainly there for you to unlock more obbies as you play the game more and build a sense of progression instead of making all obbies instantly available