Feedback on obby tower

Hello, me and my friends started making a tower of heck (Not the really name) Game. Feedback and ideas and helpful.

Please note that the game is not even close to being done.

5 Likes

Hi @DevNetCheese! I played the game for a bit, it’s okay.

There is a few things I noticed though while playing.

Legacy Outlines

I noticed you used legacy outlines, which is fine, but I personally don’t enjoy them. They bring down game’s design, but once again it’s my opinion.

Text

When I saw the first obby and saw the name, I noticed it has an outline, which once again it brings down game’s design in my opinion.

Bloom/Neon Parts

I played the first obby and saw the red neon parts. If you are unaware, there is a thing you can add inside of lighting that is called “Bloom.” Bloom is able to increase/decrease the brightness of all neon parts.This can hurt someone’s eyes as well as distract them because A) It is neon B) it is red.

Parts clipping through

I was jumping through the obby and noticed that some part happened to clip through each other. This does not look good at all, so I suggest moving them up a bit until they don’t clip.

Leaderboard

I see that there is a leaderboard, but I do not understand why. You are able to have points, or “Cheese” points in this case, without needing a leaderboard.

Extra Notes

Tower of Hell’s uniqueness is that each obby is automated, so I hope that it will be automated and cycled of different obbies

Thank you for reading, and I do hope you and your team the best of luck in the future! I hope these things I provided can help make a difference!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the feedback. We are going to fix it.

1 Like

Hello @DevNetCheese,

I played around in the game, and have a few suggestions and bugs.

Collision Blocks

So on the first course when I tried to take this jump I seemed to hit my head off of a non collidable block, which made me fail. Maybe making them collidable would improve that course a lot, it happened throughout and really was disappointing.

Neon Bricks

The iconic neon brick in obby indicates a kill block as always, but also can hurt the eyes of players like @Flamindy mentioned, also on the 2nd area which is blue I failed due to the neon blocks being barely visible with the same colour, I recommend changing that.

Suggestions

• Change the music to something more calmer or intense, the song played is a bit annoying.

• Make the Obby Area a bit bigger.

• As the original game, add a timer for each course and a randomly generated obby.

• Add a difficulty option maybe for players not so good at obbys.

• Add Level Design that looks fun and creative so the players don’t get bored.

Photo of the bug with blocks

Invisible Brick Gif

1 Like

Cheese points are a upcoming a event idk why they added it it the alpha stage but they did… I will be
removing it for now.

I forgot to ask how do you do that?

I will changing the music it seems it did not make a huge hit I will be remaking it and trying to get the music out there if you have some ideas for the music that would help so I can make it.

Never thought of that we will update it and try our best to make it a good game.

Thanks for the feedback, We are re-making the game as a whole and we are remaking it with a group. If you have more ideas or feedback tell meh.

1 Like

To add bloom go to lighting and add it in there.

1 Like