Feedback on our castle-defending game

Hi! I’ve decided to take part in the RGDC game jam with my friends and we make a pretty interesting game. It’s a game about defending your castle against cavemen, which try to destroy the castle’s treasure.

Here are some pictures of the map, as well as the lobby. Please note that I did not make most of these, it were my teammates who did it, so huge thanks to them!

The game is really fun for me, but I’d like to hear what you guys think!
It has a few bugs and unfinished features that have a negative feedback on the gameplay, but we’re planning on fixing/finishing all of those.

I’d be really happy to hear some tips on what to add/change.

For anyone who’d like to check it out, here’s the game link: Castle Keepers - Roblox

9 Likes

I love that style!, all the lighting, background music, the Gui’s are on point too!

3 Likes

Thanks! Is there anything you’d like us to add to the game or anything you’d want to see removed? Did you find any issues or bugs?

2 Likes

Maybe a countdown when you spawn, or a timer, because I was looking for the Start button or a door to start the waves and I was a lil confused was teleported without any advice

3 Likes

I really like the style of building. Good luck.:+1: Maybe decrease the UI size of the castle or cavemen. Also I would shade smooth an auto smooth the plane you stand on if you made it in blender unless you did it on purpose so you could see the squares.

2 Likes

Looks great! Every low-poly game looks amazing! I swear I have seen a game like this before… or maybe on mobile…

2 Likes

Thank you.
We will take all this feedback into account if we get to finals!
For the health UIs, I think it’s not scaling well on your screen, si we’ll work on that too. (Lower resolution = bigger size compared to physical screen size)

2 Likes

Really appreciate all the feedback. I don’t know what game you’re referring to, but it really reminds me of medieval-styled Zombie Attack combined with a Tower Defense game :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow. This looks really, really good! I’m going to bookmark this since this looks like my type of game. You and your team should keep up, if there will be something like a shop or an upgrading system, i can already see me and my friends hopping on a call and playing this for 10 hours straight, and I didn’t even join this game for a single second. Amazing!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I can’t put into words how much I appreciate every single one of these replies.

And yes, there is a shop where you can buy “classes” (swordsman, archer, …)
Now that you know, what about hopping on a call with your friends and playing our game for 10 hours straight?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback everyone! This game was a blast to make and we have so many ideas for it still!

Im going to try it with my friends tomorrow, the builds look great!

I realized this is 7 days old, but I will respond anyways.

RATING: Honestly, I give this an 11/10!

I like the overall style of the game, a simple and easy low poly game. The music sounds like 2 audios playing to make 1 but, doesn’t really matter. I like how you implemented a tavern to fit the younger audiences, by putting “Lemonade”. A countdown might be handy because you try looking for a door but once you spawn, its easy to grip. Maybe the GUIS could be tuned to a low-poly kind of GUI system, but thats all up to you as everyone has their own visions. The game is perfect and there are, as far as I can tell, 0 Flaws which for a game is not bad at all! Overall, you have a very well polished, well working, perfecto game!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

The music in the lobby, yes, it is a bug. There are two sound tracks playing at once but as soon as you spawn, it goes back to normal.

Definitely gonna add a countdown, because the players sometimes get confused.

There are some flaws, about 10, but they’re not really noticeable and most of them aren’t game breaking.

10 flaws? Didn’t even know, which tbh is actually good because gameplay is not affected. Advice: Don’t Give up. You have a perfect game and will most likely be a front pager. :smiley:

1 Like