Feedback on our icon

Could we have feedback on our icon, because it doesn’t seem to be very attractive.

OLD:

v1:

v2:

v2.5

4 Likes

The icon is great, but it’s lacking effects. And maybe the character’s color in the icon can be a bit brighter. But good job on it!

The text seems more than okay to my eye, other than that you could maybe remove the green-ish outline effect that looks weird

Looks pretty cool, but from my view(This message isn’t intended to be mean or anything, it’s just my personal opinion):
just like what you said, it isn’t very attractive, well for one, the bottom part is very messy, to have a clearer picture of what I mean, let me show you it in B&W:

The bottom looks pretty messy in this case, even though it’s just a blurry bottom, and this means that the outer glow of the text “Maze Craze” isn’t luminous enough, it doesn’t stand out when compared to the background.

Other than that, overall I think the thumbnail works, but I do think it looks a bit…Generic, it’s not bad to be generic, but people would usually click on stuff that sticks out. I really like this icon, and I can’t wait to play you and the others (You and the other people from the “us”) game.

How do we make our icon not generic, because that wasn’t our goal or our intentions.

The background doesnt fit maybe a bit darker and blur also match the color

How can we make it match the color? There are various different colors, and it’s hard to know what color to switch it to.

You could give the background a purple/red tint, so the it matches colors with the text or the character.

Ok, I’ll try applying that right now! Thanks!

Just updated the topic with the altered icon with all of the feedback that was given. Please give new feedback, or tell me if we succeeded in making a better icon.

It looks better, but I think it could still use a little improvement.

The font used for the logo, which if I recall correctly, is called Luckiest Guy, seems generic and overused in my opinion.

It’s important to keep in mind that whichever font is used in a logo should correspond with the aesthetic of the game. For example, if someone is making a game with a cartoony aesthetic, they should use a cartoony font, like Fredoka One or Passion One. If they are creating a sci-fi game, they could use a font like Orbitron or Starcruiser.

So, what is the aesthetic of your game? Is it low-poly and cartoony, or is mid-poly and semi-realistic? And what is the task in the game?

1. Purple color “Maze Craze”
  • Is the color iconic to the game? The reason why many zombie games have red or green is that those games are filled with gore or green zombies. When you think about an icon, does purple mean anything to your game? Although the red color is generic, most icons use it because it has a sense of danger
  • The glowing text is overused, does it have any purpose for it to glow? The icon looks 2D because the creature feels like it’s catching up to the text, but the text is somehow still in front of its arm. The text could
  1. Stick to the theme of the game, as the person above suggested, does the font correspond with the game itself? If not, a creepier font could be used
  2. If done right, the text could interact a bit with the creature for it to be less 2D looking
  • Instead of text, maybe your own logo would be better since you could create more of a “identity” than just glowing text
  • Do you even need text there in the first place? Many icons are designed to have text, but yours doesn’t need one if you show a bit more of the content from your icon, this both has positive and negative aspects, on one hand, you can show more content to attract viewers, but on the other hand, your stuff will need to be attractive and unique to the game
  1. The creature
  • Nice, it creates a sense of “identity” for your game’s icon, because the creature is iconic to your game
  1. The background
  • As many have pointed out, the new one fits the creature way more
  • Are you sure this is all? You could tone down the brightness of the background a bit since you want the creature in the middle to stand out as if it’s a scary thing that we should avoid

Conclusion:

• It’s hard to judge an icon/logo just by the icon itself, it would be way better if you could show a demo or alpha version of how the game works
  • A logo doesn’t matter too much if the game is bad, of course, a good logo could attract way more people to play your game, but if the game is bad, people will stop playing anyways, hence the most important thing for new games is to keep their players in a retention state. Hence I personally think you should focus more on advertisements and the game itself first before making this logo a 100% perfect one
1 Like

Just updated the icon yet again. Feedback?

Looks pretty nice, but I suggest in this case(If you want to switch the text to be the top, all texts that contains a “C” or “G” should never be covered, else players wouldn’t know if it’s either one)

1 Like

We have now fixed this issue. Is there any feedback you have left to give?

Not really, looking forward to your game though.

1 Like

Thanks! Here’s the topic that has our game, if you’re curious: People leaving game really early on

1 Like