People leaving game really early on

For some reason, players often leave the game after 1-3 rounds, often only one! That’s about just 1-4 minutes spent in game! This is a massive problem, since this absolutely demolishes our player concurrent count, meaning our game can never get off the ground.

Is our game simply too boring too fast, or are they rage quitting after dying(aka are the players just too young)?

This has been a problem for a long time, and if this is fixed, we might be able to finally get the game off the ground after a few polishing fixes.

The game: Maze Craze

(Please try to at least answer the preceeding questions in bold.)

Here’s a poll for what you think of the game as a whole:

Rating 1-5

0 voters

Thank you!

~ NinjaFactory

:star2:

3 Likes

I didn’t play the game but just by quickly looking, I see it has 31 likes for only 5 dislikes, wich is a lot. It also has 56 favourites. So I don’t think they ragequit or something because they would more dislike. Maybe that’s it, they find the game great but get bored very fast.

Well then, how can we fix that? If you tell us what’s wrong, I’d be helpful to know why, unless what’s the point? But thanks anyways.

1 Like

I can’t play your game right now so I can’t exactly tell you, I hope I’ll be able to play it soon to tell you.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Well, Mobile is king. On my 30 inch 4k monitor the blur is making it hard to see what’s going on. So on an iPhone 8 I couldn’t imagine especially on low settings. The golem is super fast, back to my mobile is king idea- You cant possibly complete a map on a phone with that thing chasing you. As a 18 year old on a top of the line pc i found it difficult. The map design, the UI, the lighting, the transitions, the monetization strategy the buttons using a popup UI instead of a proximity prompt all of it is just allllllllllllllllitttle bit off. This game reminds me so much of the games i used to make. I’m well aware of how harsh that was but literally what it boils down to is experience with publishing games and understanding who your core audience is.

The problem with loop based game modes is players don’t really feel ownership of what they are doing. They don’t feel like they have influence on the game. Thats why minigames havent dominated the platform since 2017

For example in tycoons and sims you own your plot and you show off what you MAKE, in jailbreak you show off what you OWN, in the hood you show off what you can DO. So when you make a game with an intermission that’s executed poorly (sorry but in my opinion its true) people wont stay.

Also something interesting you said was “Is our game simply too boring too fast, or are they rage quitting after dying(aka are the players just too young)?”

If the majority of the players are TOO YOUNG your game is TOO OLD. Cater to your audience, they are 7 - 12 year olds playing on there moms cracked phone. When you develop games for them the success will come.

But actual advice if you want to continue with this project

NO BLURR on lighting.
Golem slower
Switch levers to proximity prompt system

Dude with all this being said you made a FULL game that actually WORKS on your own. Thats a HUGE accomplishment. Most people cant do that- and for what its worth i think that’s incredibly impressive. If you put in the work i know first hand the ROBLOX platform has life changing experiences in store for a select few. Maybe your one of them?

5 Likes

Well, it’s not on my own. I also developed with a couple of friends. Thank you! Also, how exactly are those things off? It would be helpful to know how to improve on it! Also, is it still worth it to countinue Maze Craze?

You should have some advance animations to your GUIs, because the animations are kinda not good.

Do you mean GUI tweening, or something else?

Yes, the GUI tweening stuff need more improvements!!

Ok, that’s for letting us know! Is that the only thing you found?

Maybe you should add more characters into your games!!

You can buy them in the shop for coins.

Oh sorry, I didn’t notice that XD

Is it not clear enough or was it just you?

Ye, it just me didn’t notice or smthing. Sorry!!

1 Like

When there’s nobody in the server, players will not be able to socialize, so they leave, which causes nobody to be in the server.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this game, it’s really creative and well put together. I do have some thoughts if they end up helping at all. While I was playing, something just felt “off” but I couldn’t exactly figure out what it was. Part of it is definitely the UIs. There are way too many. If there’s a way to condense them, or put them into collapsible menus or something, that would be epic.

As far as the game mechanics go, it’s a super fun concept. Run through a maze unlocking areas while being chased by a golem. Love it. I wonder if making the golem player-controlled would increase the excitement factor of the game. I was playing solo, so I’m not sure how it would play out in a large game, but the golem was far too easy in some maps, and brutally hard on the insane maps. Having it be player controlled adds a bit more excitement to the mix, since you know it’s not just path-finding to you, and you have a chance to hide and get away. Plus, adding a “increase % chance of being golem” gamepass would make a great devproduct lol.

In terms of the maze itself, I like the different variety of styles. However, I did notice that the “win” areas are definitely not where I would expect them to be in some cases. I was looking for a door, or some sort of hallway that would lead out, not a teleport pad necessarily. Also, I’d say the “easy” difficulty maps are wayyy too easy. I beat the swamp map in just 3 seconds, but maybe I got lucky haha.

If I was to add any minor nit-picks, I’d say that the starting lobby feels pretty cluttered. I’d maybe remove some models or maybe expand it out a bit. Also, the UI that pops up when a map is loading could be changed a bit. For example, instead of it being just text, add your game logo instead, with the name of the level at the bottom, and nothing else. The more simple you can make things, the more aesthetically pleasing it will look.

Overall this game is great, I really enjoyed it a lot. Escape-style games are super fun to play, and this one is no exception. With just a few tweaks, this game will be an amazing gem for sure. Liked and favorited. Hope to see more epic content soon!

1 Like

Thanks! The reason the easy maps are so easy is to let new players feel like feeling of winning before moving onto harder difficulties, becase some people are not as good as you lol. Also, all maps are different, which vary the golem difficulty in each! We can’t really fix this, but it makes the golem difficulty vary automatically! I’m glad you love our game! We’ll make sure to put all these suggestions into account before re-releasing the game!

But the only way to fix that is excessive sponsoring, which we’re trying to avoid by imrpoving the game itself. And, yes, I noticed that people stay for longer when there are other people in the game. Is there any way to persuade the player to stay even if there’s nobody else in the game? And do you think that the lack of a feauture like this is a major impact on player concurrent levels?

Good concept, really like the idea, and surprised I didn’t think of doing something this creative

Now for the bad
UI is spotty, between animations an the looks, feels dated and a bit clunky, clean it up, and try to get a better matching pallet for colors/designs
Builds are, lacking, feel more in place of 2016 Roblox, cant say for certain if you don’t have enough skill, but ill choose to ignore that, just try and spruce up the terrain mainly, more, up to date, not sure how to explain. Some assets are nice, just buildings/terrain is the issue

Lighting is terrible, super bright when it doesn’t need to be bright, and super dark when it doesn’t need to be dark, a few of the maps I played were unplayable from how dark it was, only I thing had as a guide was the coin? items you can collect, but that barely helped (Do note I have my monitor brightness a bit higher than default)

Mostly all I’ve seen so far, other than that, good luck with the game!