Feedback on our new Homestore

Hello Everyone!

I’m looking for some feedback on my latest project, a homestore for my group, C h a i n $! You can check it out here:

https://www.roblox.com/games/5539704020/Aesthetic-Homestore-by-Chain?refPageId=cd608985-954e-41ff-96b0-1522eafa660d#!/store

There are a few things we are specifically looking for:

• What do you think of the build?

• What do you think of the game itself?

• What do you think about the lighting?

• What feedback do you have?

• Is there anything that isn’t working correctly?

• Is there anything we could add to improve the expirence?

• Does the music fit into the theme?

• How is the UI/Scripting for the try on?

And plenty more. We would for sure like to have some honest feedback. No need to sugarcoat anything; I won’t be offended.

Thank you so much!

@FxllenCode & @chainedrxses

4 Likes

I think the build is nice, it has a simple design with lots of space and not much lag.

The game is pretty well made for how your group is, but I think that some parts of the map feel a bit empty.

The lighting is amazing. It’s lag friendly and it looks very high quality.

Maybe add some more things around the island, like another building, a sitting area, etc.

I haven’t seen anything that isn’t working correctly yet.

You could make it so that it shows the price of the clothes before you buy them, and also have the ability to remove the clothes.

The music is great because it isn’t annoying and it isn’t to loud.

The UI looks a bit low quality, but most of it is functional and looks good.

2 Likes

You probably saw me walk around a little bit, I’ll answer some of your questions

1. The build was pretty decent, not what I was expecting for a homestore but the theme is unique. It looked like a temple from the front
  2. The game was simple and was cool, though I felt a little cramped in between the halls
  3. The lighting was very bright, I feel like you could mess around with it a little bit. A sunset would compliment the beach, so you can add a sunset skybox with sunrays
  4. Basically everything I said above
  5. Not that I know of.
  6. More design, the gray walls felt a little dead to me
  7. The music is fine, it’s playful and fun
  8. It works well but can be improved :+1:

Overall nice work, some improvements can be made but it’s good.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for feedback! Let me answer some of your concerns.

There are sunrays, make sure your graphics is up.

I agree! That is next on the list.

I will keep that in mind! Thanks for your feedback!

1. Building is nice in itself. Not very detailed, but this means it’s both lag and mobile friendly. You always tend to have a lot of random lines on mobile devices, especially on the lower end, because of the lower resolution + lowering down graphic settings.

2. I’m not exactly sure what else to say here. Homestores aren’t something original. I do like how it’s more like a small mall, with some leisure, not just stores. It would fit way better in a full town instead of on a lone island. Malls aren’t usually the first thing you build on islands in the middle of nowhere.

3. Lighting is nice, a bit bright for my liking but considering I keep dark mode on everything and my eyes are extremely sensible to light due to some complications I’m really not the person to comment on that. Maybe a dark mode if your scripter is up to it?

4. All of the above + all of the below

5. Nothing that I could see in the short time I was there.

6. Mentioned above, make a simple town around the building. This will also fill in the empty space on the island. It would seem more like a market in a medieval orient town.

7. To be honest, the music seems taken from meme games. You should change that in my opinion. It’s a bit like Mario music, bubbly and stuff.

8. The UI is very stretched. Either wrong Aspect Ratio, which can be fixed with UIAspectRatioConstraint, or the resolution was very small to begin with. (All roblox decals are 1024x1024 and whatever the use you should fill up as much of that space as possible, so on big screens it doesn’t look scaled up.) The interface is not original, and I’m putting it there. It’s like every other bakery on the platform.

Conclusion: A lot of improvement space, but it’s super nice if you ask me.
Btw: If you didn’t already get payment on this, don’t let your boss see my reply :wink:

1 Like

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the music! It’s actually from ACNH. Thank you for your feedback!

I knew it was Nintendo music!

I see how it would fit in a standalone game, but 1. most real life clothing stores don’t play video game music and 2. due to the context in which Nintendo music is mostly used on the platform, tropical vibe doesn’t work out that great when combining it with Roblox.

1 Like

The aesthetics are nice, however it does feel a little bit cramped or claustrophobic when you are inside and in the hallways.

The game is solid, but you should add options to turn the music on/off, and maybe add some lighting in the hallways.

The game looks very well made! Although the stores don’t really have titles on them. Like, when I went into the game, I passed by the store not knowing they were there because I didn’t see a sign. And the sign that was there was a bit too small and not eye catching. But overall, the build is good and so is the music. The lighting is a bit too bright but that could be fixed. All and all, this is a pretty good homestore.

1 Like

The build is great and as for the game itself it feels as if it’s a building surrounded by emptiness so I recommend adding some decorations aside from grass and such.

The lighting is fine.

For feedbacks I still go by what I said about adding stuff around the building.

When trying on clothing I have to refresh my avatar every time I want to try on a new clothing. It can get annoying having to refresh it every single time.

1 Like