Feedback on our team based party-action game

I’m part of a French game development studio called Yobiké.
This is Island Conquest Papaye Bang Bang, our first game on Roblox and we’ve just released it in Alpha with the main gameplay loop available and polished.
It’s a whacky game about attacking the enemy teams’ Core by throwing creatures at them and defending our by shooting their creatures with slingshots.

We wanted to release it now to test the concept with a wider audience. We’ve tested the game a lot internally to correct as many bugs as possible, but it’s very likely that there will still be some.

The game is only available on computer at the moment, but we’re planning to bring it to mobile as well.
We’re also about to launch a small ads campaign.

One challenge we’re trying to overcome for this release is the fact that a server needs at least 6 players to start a game, as the game has been balanced with 3 teams of minimum 2 and maximum 4 players in mind. Do you think it would be a good idea to make a “lite” version of the game with just one player per team, resulting in a 1v1v1 scenario or just 1v1 so that it’s easier for visitors to start a match? We’re thinking about it, but I’m wondering if it wouldn’t be difficult to balance and if it would make the game slower paced as a result.
All kinds of feedback are welcome.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to test anything due to the player requirement.
I think it’d be great if you can set out a place or portion of your game for testing its mechanics.
If you’re looking to test out the gameplay experience it’d probably be best to find a group of testers who can play together.

For debugging purpose, I have a button that allow the game to actually starts immediatly despite the player requirement not being me. I can add it to the public version if that allows more people to actually test the controls and mecanics and have a glimpse of the game’s content. I disabled it at first because I’m afraid it causes some buggy behaviors since not expected by the game normally. Do you think it’s a good idea to put it in normal game ?

Some modifications has been made since last time. The game is now available on mobile and tablets and the amount of players needed for a game has been reduced to 3. The creatures HP are also balanced depending of how many player is in the team they attack