Feedback on "Play" UI

Hey Developers :wave:

My friend an I are making a tiny little game and I made this UI for it. I want to know what I could improve on.
Here it is:

Please don’t be rude. Criticism is aloud, just not too harsh. Also, please keep in mind this is only my third UI. Thanks, and have a good day.

4 Likes

It looks great. Are you going to add a map for the background? If you do, you should add a short cutscene in the background to give players a peek of the game before they play. Don’t forget the title of the game.

3 Likes

It looks good, the bezels for the play button are quite large and empty, so I would maybe add some edge patterns to the it. The word “Play!” is not centered on the button as well.

2 Likes

Looks good, like the style! My main feedback regards the shape of the “Play!” button. Squares aren’t very common, mainly because they don’t fit the size/length of the text. You did the “Join a Friend” really well - I suggest making the play button into a rectangle, to be more visually appealing.

I think that’s an issue with the font - for some fonts, the fonts are off-centered automatically.

Overall, great work :+1:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I greatly appreciate it.

well i’d make it less big and just have it 2ish times the join a friend button, and make the padding equal (oh yeah that font is offcentered, just put it down a bit ig)

bad at padding smh :angry::angry:

1 Like

Hey, in my defense I taught you how to use padding a few hours ago…

3 Likes

shh we dont talk about that

6 Likes

Decent generic cartoonish UI perfect for all low poly simulators. You can add a mild bouncy animation after :sunny:

1 Like

too late secrets uncovered

caught in 4K

1 Like

This is way to big, the text size is 100 pixels, which is the maximum amount in roblox.

1 Like

it looks nice i like the font and the collors but the play button is a little big

1 Like