Feedback on Realistic GFX attempt

Hey everyone, So this was my first attempt at a proper realistic GFX I would really appreciate it if you could give me feedback on it but I am really looking for ideas/tips on how I could improve it!

I really struggled with making the shadows realistic but in the end I copied the soldier put a colour overlay over it and put the opacity of the layer to around 50-60%. I also struggled with making the feet look as if they’re planted into the ground. Thanks for reading :+1: I’m looking forward to hearing your criticisms :+1::wave:

9 Likes

Awesome artwork!

I only have to say that the shadows behind the people look very artificial, try slanting them a bit to better fit with other shadows:

I don’t know if it’s me or not, but the shadows on the people look quite dark (especially their faces). Try decreasing that to match the shadow behind them.

Other than that, great job!

1 Like

Thanks alot man! I think I could of placed the lighting in blender alot better to fit the desert but I’m gonna give the same GFX a go once i’ve gotten a sufficient amount of feedback and then post it again! Thanks for your help means alot :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looks really good so far, well done.

I have some suggestions though,

Maybe make the jet a bit more blury or further away just seems a bit more realistic, but not to far, so you can still recognize that it is a fighter jet.
As @TheCarbyneUniverse has already said I would say that you should make the shadows a bit more soft and a bit less dark, just to add a bit more of realism, if you look int he background you can see the shadows of the desert maybe try something like that.
Lastly the Soldiers themselves look great but maybe make them a bit less bright so you can see the uniform, vests and just a little more detail.

But overall, for you first attempt on doing a GFX, very well done work, I hope you continue and keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks man I never really do 3D but hopefully this can evolve into something. I really appreciate the criticism and as I said I’m currently doing those fixes right now and I’m going to create another topic to show the final product! Thanks man :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

That’s what’s feedbacks are here my man, still well done so far, that I’ll be happy to see the finished product, good luck!

@TheCarbyneUniverse @lifelessly This is how it’s currently looking guys.

It is pretty smooth, but I have things I would personally change. The lighting doesn’t match up. The light shining on the soldiers is relatively harsh and white, while the desert light suggests an afternoon position of the sun with an orange-ish tint. Also the I think they shadows should be darker to fit in with the others. Although I am not an expert in GFX so take that feedback as you wish.

I’ve put a deeper orange satin over the soldiers, how does it look now?

1 Like

It looks a lot better in my opinion, keep up the good work!

Thanks man but that’s not the final product!

Yes, looks way better already, good job!

I really like it, just keep in mind when you are adding shadows, make sure that you are adding the same angle of light to all other objects. You could also maybe add a trail to the wings of the fighter jet.

1 Like