Feedback on realistic style missile system

So today I made a kinda simple but cool missile system. It calculates target velocity and sets rocket infront of it so making it most likely to hit the target.

long range hit:

the system itself

Rockets do fall after some period of time, lose velocity and fall to the ground instead of exploding in the air

30 Likes

Very cool! is it supposed to be a guided missile? In the second video it looks like a guided missile.

3 Likes

Yes it is a guided missile. Fully custom made with using body vel

3 Likes

ROCKET PROPULSIONS

I love those, and the explosion effects look amazing! Gratz to you for making this!

2 Likes

Rocket propulsions worked kinda weird in my case because if it missed the target it would return to it instead of acting realisticly so I made my own version of them

nice job, try making the explosion a little bigger/more exciting. Unless the whole point is for it to be tiny. either way it looks good

2 Likes

man this is amazing. wonder if you can try to put raycast on it or something lol.
10/10 system

would be happy to have it open source

2 Likes

It uses raycast and when i make it perfect you can expect open source version

3 Likes

how did u make this explosion? did u clone explosion from storage

1 Like

Particle inside of rocket object, so when it hits target it enables that particle on few seconds

this has pathfinding too right? 99% sure it does

1 Like

yoo this is so cool nice job ive never seen things like this in regular roblox games

1 Like

Nice, maybe you can add the effect of the speed of sound as well (small delay before hearing the explosion sound when you are far away).

2 Likes

It’s really cool, but I think it’s more realistic if there’s smoke in the air.

1 Like

Nice, It should be look cool if you add a gui to rock launcher.

1 Like

Would you be giving the system out?

2 Likes

Free stuff are always best stuff but for real the program looks cool.

2 Likes

Could you open-source this? I cant find a good solution on how to make my missiles work efficiently

Very interesting mechanic! I would love to see this in a game!

Can this be made public please? I will appreciate it alot.