Feedback on rock

I’ve tried rocks before, what texture did you use and where can I find it?

1 Like

all I used is slate texture, its a Roblox texture. Mix that with mid gray and you got the basis for a good looking rock.

It’s, decent, however, it’s a bit too simple try creating other shapes of rocks which features different sizes and shape on it or creating some that have larger looks because at the moment the rock has a nice design and material try adding making more with different shapes on it if you know what i mean. So your attempt at creating one was successful, if this is your first one.

If you were wanting more support or feedback on your build, I recommend showing more assets that you’ve created rather than a single model. I’ll try making other variety of rocks instead of what you have at the moment it does look nice something so small and simple (there’s not much to give actual feedback on).

Maybe try looking at a few images so you could create other designs and shapes so people could give a lot more feedback right here is an image you could go off of try creating large rocks with different shapes and sizes.

5 Likes

Is that made in blender?? It is a nice rock, but try to give it some nice shape, and not just a cylinder, like how Jordonh said.

1 Like

It looks very realistic!!! :astonished::astonished::astonished:
btw nice rock!

2 Likes

It rocks! (sorry :laughing:)
If you can apply that design to different shapes, colors and sizes, I’m confident you can make a realistic rock collection for any map.

1 Like

Let me inform you that it is not a cylinder!! And it’s made in Roblox Studio

Try to make it on Blender, its way better and less parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer the simplicity of Roblox Studio, thank you!! EDIT: I now occasionally use blender.

I love puns!

I’m gonna work on making a rock pack btw

Ah yes, that rock looks very nice btw. :+1:

1 Like

The rock shown here has a smooth body contrasting the negations in it, that have sharp edges.
If this is a special rock, its unique appearance hints at that for sure.

If you have rocks everywhere like this, it would be stylistic.Just remember consistency is important, and you wouldn’t want to be duplicating the same rock everywhere (but rotating it slightly will totally help and I still do that sometimes to buy time).

I would recommend experimenting with Introducing SmoothingAngle property for PartOperation (Enabled Globally) - #29 by TheGh0stRunner if you intend on going further.

If you want more eroded or natural looks using negative unions as a way to chisel away at small differing angles relative to each other will give the effect.

If instead you want a harsh look, use strong angled subtractions. Like biting pieces away, the unions will contrast each others negation with sharp angles to give the effect.

I like it.

5 Likes

Excellent rock! I would recommend adding some more rough edges though.

1 Like

I’m not quite sure what to say as natural rocks do not look like this but I’d suggest using blender.

1 Like

Hmm. Like the people above said, the rock has very sharp and deep negations on it which makes it looks unnatural. I’d suggest using Blender (what I do) or making less deep negations to give it more of a chipped look, because I think that’s what you were going for. Overall, nice for Roblox Studio, I couldn’t do that if i tried (at least without Gap Fill or Resize Align).

1 Like

Really good rock you got. I rate a 9.8/10 for that rock. That is the most amazing small rock in the roblox community i have ever seen.

1 Like

My next move is to make one in blender lol

1 Like

This is pretty decent, tbh. But, it is too basic? If that makes sense. The shape is too simple. I recommend you use Blender to make it low-poly. And, a bit more detail. Otherwise, this looks good.

1 Like

Did you not read this reply above before you posted that reply?

OH, LOL no I didn’t. Guess we have the same thinking. I mean, Blender is common.

1 Like