Feedback on SCPF-Style blast door

Hey all!
Recently I made my first detailed model (or at least I think so!) for an SCP game.
This model is a blast door, it’s going to be used throughout the facility, so it has to look good!

What do you think?

I’m looking for specific feedback on how I can make it look better, and more detailed! So, feel free to respond to any of the following questions:

How can I make it look more detailed? - I want the door to look as realistic and as appealing as possible.

How can I make it look less bland? - I personally think it currently looks a little bland and bright, any suggestions for colours, materials and decorative items would be appreciated!

Thanks!
IzTom.

7 Likes

Introduce depth and, the thing I always harp on about, contrast.

For depth, make some parts extrude from the wall, making it 3d and not just a blank surface.
For contrast, introduce some neon white or coloured lights, maybe on those extrusions, to make the wall feel a bit more alive. Grays are cool and all, but you need something to break them up.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!
How do you suggest I add “depth” to it?
I’ve been thinking of adding a corrugated pattern but I want to avoid having too much parts.
So, again, any ideas?

My suggestion would be that, from the top, you’d have some extra depth on the sides, near the edges but not quite. If that doesn’t make sense, try to do something like this (top down):

-I----I-
or
-II-II—II-II-

Great build! It matches well with my scp door!

Mind if I ‘steal’ your idea and make a design similar?

It would work great!

1 Like

Im getting off topic here, anyways, some detail you could add - as

said - Make it more 3d, and more… creative!

I like your designs, they look nice!

As for your question, go ahead!

2 Likes

probably add small details like a “caution” sign or “stay back __ feet” you know what I mean other then that it looks great.

Looks great in my game!

1 Like