Feedback On Second Gun Model! (AK-47)

Hey Devforumers! Could I have some feedback for this AK-47 I made?

Reminders:

• No “1-10” rating, please be specific :slight_smile:
  • The mesh is not textured, it’s just 3D Viewer’s lighting that makes it look decent

What you've all been waiting for...

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Overall it looks pretty out of proportions. It’s also pretty blocky and I would suggest rounding out the stock, handle, etc. The barrel of the gun looks pretty thin and not sure how a bullet would shoot through it and would make the overall gun thicker. The mag also looks like it’s connected to the gun and all the details are in the barrel so many try making the detail more even across the gun. It doesn’t look too bad and I would give it a 4/10

Some tips on improving

Getting an already built model would really help getting proportions right (even better if irl and sketchfab is also a really good website I use since you can preview models without purchasing and get different mattcaps) meshing some parts of the gun is a good idea too since the mag might be harder to get symmetry and modeling the details on roblox so I suggest using a different 3d website like c4d, blender, etc

2 Likes

1! Very bad. Nah I’m kidding lol. I’m no artist but from a normal players perspective, it looks decent/good. My critiques if not all go hand in hand with Sam. Though rating is slightly harsh.

2 Likes

I was going for low-poly, sorry for not clarifying.

I actually based it off this picture but yeah I couldn’t get all the details in.

1 Like

it’s not that hard to make the chamber or the other details, you simply just insert a meshed cylinder and add a couple blocks (and get it to shape) and add a sphere to it which isn’t very hard to do and also would suggest loading the image into roblox studio since it’s hard to just eyeball something

1 Like

well it’s still blocky if it’s low poly, it just looks like you only modeled it in one axis

I was going for low-poly, sorry for not clarifying.

1 Like

Nice, add some modifiers and some details to it and itll improve

1 Like
  • I know you weren’t going for anything extremely detail, but the lack of features and details is painful. It’s even lacking some key features, like the bolt.

• The barrel is so thin and so square it looks more suitable for firing small, pointy pieces of paper then 7.62 rounds. Should be make thicker and cylinder shaped. The trigger is also incredibly thin and looks like a simple use would either snap it or hurt your finger a great deal.

• The sides are completely flat, which doesn’t look good.

• The mag seems like it’s attached of the gun. Would you just throw it away once your out?

• A lot of proportions are off.

• The pieces should “blend” together more instead of looking jagged and weirdly shoved together.

1 Like