Feedback on shotgun model?

Hello, I’m currently working on an FPS game and I’m looking for some feedback on a shotgun model I made and any ways that I could possibly improve it. It’s one of my first weapons I’ve modelled and I’m fairly knew to modelling so any feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

Here are some screenshots:

Here are some screenshots of it in roblox studio:

Treklatom Shotgun 1 B
Treklatom Shotgun 2 B

I haven’t animated it or scaled it correctly yet as I want to finalize the model first.

Note - I want the model to look quite realistic

1 Like

It’s a good start but the parth under the barrel doesn’t make much sense, there’s no pump on double barrels since they’re break action, it should be spot where the other arm could grab the gun from

Other than that it’s good

Thanks for the feedback! I updated the model and removed the pump and added a spot for the character to hold on to as you suggested.

Does this look better?

1 Like

You should also remove the 3rd tube/barrel under the 2 main barrels since that part usually holds the shells that you load into a pump action shotgun, but it doesn’t make much sense here since its a break action shotgun and not a pump action shotgun. The stock is a bit too wide as well.

Thanks for the feedback! I removed the bottom barrel and made the stock more narrow and this is how it turned out:

I think it definitely looks better so thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I haven’t read all the other comments, but one thing that I noticed was the trigger. It’s on the wrong end of the guard and facing the wrong direction. Here’s a picture from Wikipedia:

Other than that, looks good.

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll make sure to update the model so that it is more accurate

It looks good, but it doesnt look that realistic, I dont really know what to add to make it reaslistic though

But if this was for a regular roblox shooter game, its a 10/10

It’s a very nice model, it looks great. Considering you want it to look realistic I recommend texturing it, as well as a slot in the magazine for the player to reload. It looks like a model in a less realistic shooter game, realistics have all the little details.

Yes, bare in mind that that part is connected to the shotgun not the barrels tho, since the barrels break open to unload and reload the shells

This shotgun model looks good! Nice job on it!