Feedback on Smoothie Parlour Building?

Not quite furnished yet

1 Like

added wall to 2nd floor

I’m not sure if you’re going for the modern feel, but if you are, the brick textures don’t really give off the modern feel, if not, the build is otherwise nice.

When I think of a parlor, I think of like a cartoony place, think of the audience you are trying to reach. For me, I feel it would look better in low poly with no brick. Simply because it doesn’t fit the feel of the building, it looks like a modern style but the brick simply isn’t giving me that.

1 Like

If not parlour, then restaurant?

What textures would you recommend?

I recommend plastic, or smooth plastic.

1 Like

If the game is realistic, then probably metal, but if cartoony like sn8i said, then smooth plastic.

1 Like

Before:

After:

All brick replaced with metal.

Maybe turn down the reflectance on the metal, it reflects too much now. :sweat_smile:

This is a good start and I like the progress that you’re making.

However, I do feel that there are some fundamental components that might need changing. I think the color palette in general (lots of blacks and greys especially) doesn’t really give me the idea of a smoothie parlor. If I were to look at this building with no context to know what it’s supposed to represent, I wouldn’t really think it’s a smoothie parlor. It’s far too dark imo. I think most establishments would prefer to go with a higher variety of vibrant colors to keep a constant theme of colorful smoothies, etc.

I also think the metal that you’ve added now makes the build a little too reflective. It comes off more as a fancy hall. I’m not sure if you’re willing to do these changes, and if you’re not then I understand, but I think reworking the color palette and material use from the ground up might be a better choice. Good luck!

1 Like

I don’t think that the style of the building matches what you’re going for. This could simply be from the fact that it’s not done yet but when I think smoothie parlor I think bright colors with colorful patterns not dark colors with brick/metal materials.

I don’t want to give any suggestions now since it’s not finished and I can’t see the idea clearly because of it. It’s not bad, it just doesn’t fit the theme exactly