Feedback on some simple music I made

So I got cakewalk yesterday, and this is my first little song that I made from it:

In the future I’ll add more instruments, variety, etc. since some of the patterns might be too repetitive.

feedback and tips are appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not a bad start for a first piece, well done! My only suggestion would be taking a look into the music theory aspect as the end of the music sounds very very dissonant and out of place. You have some good ideas, you just need to be able to formulate them better!

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment! I already know some music theory, as I’ve been taking some music lessons for a couple years now. That was sort of the feel I was going for yknow, I guess I just have bad execution lol. Thanks for taking the time to reply! I’ll be trying to get better in the future.

Edit: Do you have any tips on how to plan music out better?

I usually follow a formula that shows the basics of root position chords and where they could go.

Of course that is the bare basics as it doesn’t account for first/second/third position writing, augmented sixth chords, Neapolitan chords, seventh chords, etc etc etc. However, it does make a good roadmap to a piece when nothing is sounding good.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely try using this to get better.