Feedback on Star Wars GFX

Hi everyone,

I’ve decided to play around with emissions in Blender for the first time to create a lightsaber, which was featured in this scene I created. There were some hiccups along the way, so please be brutal with feedback as it will better my work in the future. Thanks in advance!

15 Likes

This looks pretty good; I’m not the best with Blender or GFX so there might be some things I don’t notice someone who is experienced might, but this does look pretty good for a first-time.

1 Like

I am not an expert in GFX but in my opinion it looks very professional, I love it. :ok_hand:

1 Like

The GFX is great looking but one problem I have is the scaling of the lightsaber. Lightsabers are around 3 feet long use this image for reference (it looks close to the size of the head)

2 Likes

The avatar sticks out of the background too much.
Try working with the brush tool.
The tip of the lasersword has caught my attention as well, something is just wrong with it.

While I got to say that you’ve done great with the avatar reflecting the lighting as well as the position & the particles and texturing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As a big star wars fan myself, I really admire this piece of art. Keep up the good work. Just a note, I think the lightsaber could be longer. Good work nontheless!

1 Like

Really Good Artwork right there :100:

Things I’ve noticed:

1. When I first saw it, my attention was quickly grabbed by the really short light saber.
    I think what you were trying to do was fit the Guy holding the light saber and the full length of the light saber in the frame, I suggest decreasing the focal length for that.
  2. The Emission is pretty good however you could improve it by scattering the light even more because the light sabers in your scene are so bright that the source jumps into the color spectrum of white, but its emission doesn’t match it, mainly because it’s in a dark scene and the main focus are the light sources. Use volume scatter or basically add volumetrics to your scene because I can see that there are particles running around the air, so volumetrics actually achieves that look.
  1. The clipping of the character sticks out and also some parts of the particles in the upper frame, try to blend it with the background.
    ttttty
  2. Even though I can barely see the character in the foreground, his pose seems odd and he seems to be holding the light saber in the blade itself

But overall the artwork captures the action and the intensity of the fight scene and really immerses the viewers to the scene, Awesome work!

1 Like

Im no professional in the GFX field but this looks really nice

1 Like

Really nice GFX, nothing wrong with it actually. :tada:

1 Like

The light sabers are too small but apart from that it looks great!

1 Like

Love the lighting! Looks great.

1 Like