Feedback on Storm Test

I would love feedback on my Storm Test! Take a look, tell me what you think. Also, funny enough… Youtube thought it was Unreal Engine Haha!

44 Likes

BECAUSE IT IS UNREAL AS TO WHAT YOU MADE

This is legit possibly 1 of the most best things I’ve seen on this category! You’ve seriously done an incredible job creating the amount of detail & scripting taken account into this! Maybe you could increase the intensity of the screen-shake to make it feel like an actual dangerous threat? Other than that, oh my goodness I LOVE THIS

7 Likes

This looks amazing, if I hadn’t of known that this was Roblox I would say this was some hyper realistic game. The general physics of the game is brilliant I would say that you have nailed that! I love how the storm gradually gets stronger and more severe.

Overall opinion, absolutely brilliant.

3 Likes

Oh my god. This is the best creation I have ever seen. Better than any of the showcase I have played.

2 Likes

I smell… burning. It must be your GPU.

Anyway this looks pretty cool! I gotta say though, I’m more impressed with the build than the event. I’ve weathered a couple of hurricanes before, so I feel like I have to say something.

1. Where did all the building rubble come from in an empty field?
  2. Those trees are barely shaking during that hurricane.

But man, the effort of the build and the other scripting is just… phenomenal! I could totally see how that would be mistaken as Unreal.

5 Likes

Haha, thanks! I’m currently working on better Auto Exposure, more Realistic Plane Biome, and better audio fades to make the game more Immersive. My goal with this project is to show how much is possible within the Roblox Platform. This Project is for a much bigger project coming around the end of the year. :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, with the settings of the wind, I can only go around that high until it starts looking like the leaves are seizing instead of reacting to a hurricane. Haha.

2 Likes

Could you be raycasting from the sun position to the character and checking if anything is blocking, then adjusting the lighting? That is an awesome idea

2 Likes

Yup! As I said previously, Im making much more realistic auto exposure. I have been looking at Unreal and Unity’s auto exposure and trying to copy it with as much accuracy as possible to get the most out of the Auto Exposure in this project.

2 Likes

UPDATE: You can now Play the game: Optimized Storm Test (Hurricane) - Roblox

2 Likes

hey,
How long did it took you to make this?
:sparkling_heart: :smiley_cat:
Great

1 Like

around only yesterday I started this project. Stayed up all night because I was so into it! Thanks for asking.

3 Likes

This looks…

INCREDIBLE!!! It is so realistic and I love the bird chirps and it is amazing.

2 Likes

This is amazing I can’t describe how good it looks, how did u get the graphics to look so good? Also, I like the sound effects where did you find them, in the toolbox or in a website for roblox sounds or something similar to that if you did use some website please let me know whats the name of it I want to use it in my game, also the moving leafes did you make that yourself or did someone else do it for you? The sun looks very good I like the lighting you used if I can rate it I would give it 1000/10 I can’t believe how good it is. Keep it up! :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Update:

I have created a roadmap Storm Test Updates

2 Likes

I literally just watched your video and saw this on DevForum, quite coincidental

2 Likes

rename this to florida simulator

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/852804118036348970/870173695916797982/florida.gif

1 Like

This went from 0 to 100 real fast…

Good job though

incredible dude, never knew roblox was capable of something as cool as this.