Feedback on Stylized Trees

These are some trees I made using blender to practice. These are by no mean low-poly and were designed with a cartoonish open-world style in mind. I specialize more in scripting than building/modeling so this is slightly out of my comfort zone.

Any feedback is welcomed :slight_smile: .

16 Likes

It is really cool. And for a non-builder/modeler it is just perfect.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback :).

1 Like

I really like the style of the trees! Pretty good design, nice job!

1 Like

I love these trees, I could totally see them in a top game. Do you mind sharing a image of what the topology looks like? I’m interested in how you made these.

Thank you for the feeback! However I am not sure what you mean exactly by an image of the topology, would you mind clarifying.

These were made with the use of a Blender addon, can’t recall the name but the topology just depends on whatever options you choose in it.

don’t know why but these trees look tasty (like chocolate)

does look cartoonish indeed

1 Like

Alr well, I mean it like this:
here’s a sick image of a lambo, it’s pretty great right?

And this would be the topology of the mesh, basically what it’s structure would look like

So I want to see what the structure of your stylized tree would look like.
Thank you!

:smile:

I am unsure if this is what you requested but I hope it shows the structure enough. As someone mentioned previously, the tree generation was made using a built in Add-On on blender with a few modifiers added. As for the texture, it was a material making the use of nodes that was baked in a specific lighting.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Can you explain how did you bake that gradient color into the texture? Did you use the same UV map for all of the leaves? Im trying to do a gradient style like that.

I can upload the blender file if you would like, assuming I can find it in my poorly organized drive. I don’t have much use for these assets so I wouldn’t mind sharing it if I still have the file. This was 6 months ago so I don’t remember the whole process from memory, I’ll look for it if you would like to have it.

Please do, ive been struggling for days to achieve a good stylized looking and id like to study it! Thank you very much.

Thank you a lot, this is indeed very helpful!

These trees look very good! Nice job on them!

1 Like