Feedback on the game that I'm currently working on

Hello! I’m currently working on a roleplay game and I would like to have your opinions on what I have worked on so far :slight_smile:

YouTube Video

Any form of feedback is appreciated!

16 Likes

Also, I’m planning on adding pets but I don’t know how to design and what style should I go for…
Should I go for box type pets like pet simulator or the ones like adopt me?

4 Likes

Looks really good!, But the only thing i can really see so far is when you are building thos walls and once you build enough of them your camera goes through them, And no longer can see your avatar you could make it so when your camera goes through them make the parts transparent other then that great job :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you! I guess I forgot to turn on the Invisicam lol!

5 Likes

This looks so cool!! Never seen anything like it, the camera movements make it look like a video game! I hope your game strives :wink:

5 Likes

it’s my first time making pets and here’s the results lol (idk how to make them work but i’ll figure it out)

4 Likes

Great work buddy! I would love to see and follow a progress log on this game!

The first thing I noticed was - after building the walls, at that particular camera angle the player won’t be able to see what they are working on. So I would like to suggest a few things :

• Different camera mode.
eg : Build mode (Allows the user to freely move the camera.)

• Transparent Walls.
Whenever the walls block the view of the user in your starting camera view, they become transparent, allowing the user to see what they are building.

Extras (Optional) :
• While talking to the NPC, make the player character transparent or switch to first person view. With this, we’ll be able to see the NPC clearly, enhancing the player experience (in my opinion).

• Change the cursor to something unique which would fit the game.

• Custom lighting [Environment].

Overall, the UI and animations are really well done.

4 Likes

Thankyou! Would definitely do your suggestions :)))

4 Likes

UPDATE: I MADE IT WORK!!!

6 Likes

Nice work!
You can further create an offset point, so that the pet doesn’t collide into the player.

3 Likes

UPDATE: This is what I updated so far:
vid won’t upload here so i’ll try to upload it on yt

• Couldn’t figure out why Invisicam won’t work so i kinda made a workaround for it by changing the camera mode when something is obstructing the view
  • Made a custom character rig
  • Made a layout on how I want the map to look like
  • Made the ui more responsive
  • Made the player transparent when plr talks to npc (as zorq recommended)
  • Should I settle with this title?

Currently Working On:

• seperate mode when building
  • fixing pets
  • seperate categories in backpack
  • house/plot system
  • buildings exterior and interior

note: going through a rough time right now and couldn’t pay the bills so expect the updates to be SUPER late :))) pls be patient with me <3

4 Likes

Game open for testing!

3 Likes

You can maybe remove the outline for the face texture image as its noticeable?

3 Likes

Also, how are you detecting that the player is entering the station arch? Because even though im not too close to it, the camera animation is zooming in and out vigorously. Here’s the footage.

You can make it so that, the detection happens only when the player touches the stairs, because, if a player passes from that area, the camera will zoom in even though the player didn’t go through the archway.

2 Likes

Found some bugs.

• After interacting with the pet shop, I kept walking forward and fell down due to which the start menu is glitched on my screen and I’m not able to interact with the shop. I had to reset my character.

• Every time you interact with the pet shop, the door rotates 90 degrees and does a 360 if you do it 4-5 times :joy:. The door isn’t even there while interacting after doing it many times.

• When I was in the pet shop, after interacting with the door, I kept pressing my W key which changed the camera angle after teleporting to the main area.

• The camera angle glitched somehow after interacting several times with the shop.

• Broke the tp somehow :skull:footage.

3 Likes

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR TESTING AND FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!! I will try to fix the things you adressed :))

3 Likes

hello, i need to focus on school right now. i think the next update will be made next week :>

4 Likes

guys, school’s hell right now :(( i don’t think i’ll be able to make any significant progress until i graduate next june… but i’m trying to do as much as i can with my free time!!! btw the next update will be posted in a different topic

3 Likes

i managed to work on little things and here is the video.

2 Likes