Feedback on this Autumn Beach Scene

Hiya there,

Felt the drive to build something autumn based, so I found a skybox and went straight to work. Added some ambience and some music (song is Lakeside Songbook by Heaven Pierce Her) to help the whole mood. Also tried using the new Roblox textures for the first time. Whole thing was whipped up in roughly 2 hours. Might make the whole scene a free model or open-source the place since I have no real need for it.

Images

Place link: Autumn Beach Sunset [Showcase Thingy] - Roblox
I have also included 2 badges for you to collect for your enjoyment.

Whatcha think?

• It’s Amazing!
  • It’s okay.
  • Meh.
  • Not very good.
  • AWFUL!

0 voters

Feedback is appreciated as always, hope you all have a wonderful day!

5 Likes

I think u can work on the terrain.
That’s just the one to suggest it

3 Likes

It looks good. Nothing too special. Nice job on it!

1 Like

I personally think its alright, about a 5/10 or 6/10
Some things I suggest are to use custom materials
Not sure if you have blender but I would suggest modeling some simple terrain in there since you can get much better designs than using parts in studio
^ however if you dont, you can get some custom materials and use roblox terrain because they also effect how terrain looks too (also gives you the ability to have moving grass

It all depends on your style tho, keep up the good work

1 Like

I don’t really get an autumn vibe looking at this, I would highly suggest adding more autumn colors such as red, yellow, and orange to give more variety and maybe adding leaves to the trees would also help a lot to fill it up even more, or you could consider adding leaves on the ground because the trees don’t have any leaves. Further than that, I love the creativity. Keep it up!

2 Likes

Definitely consider the usage of PBR textures and more advanced terrain. You mentioned it was based in Autumn, so perhaps some red/orange leaves on the trees? It looks quite barren at the moment. Other than that, good job.

2 Likes

What exactly are PBR textures?

I do have Blender, however I’m unsure of how exactly to do what you’re implying.

Meh. I’m honestly not the hugest fan of it, most I use it for is the water.

Understood, thank you for the feedback! I’ll try adding some leaves later once I’m back on Studio.

They are essentially textures with surfaces that interact with the light. For a build like yours, where the sunset plays a key role in the lighting, it would look really good. You can find pbr textures online - then it’s just a matter of importing the diffuse, normal and rough texture images into roblox.

1 Like