Feedback on this Drumstep I made

Took way too long to make this one because I kept getting art-block multiple times, but I’m kind of glad that it’s done.

I might change the song cover soon, as it’s probably too dark, causing color banding.

Any thoughts about this track, please let me know!

4 Likes

I like this, the whispering voice reminds me of the older songs from the 2010’s. It also has a lot of textures which I like a lot and should be implemented into more songs. The stuttering effect is also really unique and flows well with the drums later in the song.

I am no expert at drumstep because I don’t make this type of music, but I think adding high end percs to the drums at the drop would be cool or adding stuttering effect like a synth that is really percussion based could be interesting. (to the first one atleast).
Another thing is that the song is relatively empty apart from the drops which means that you kinda get underwhelmed and bored so I suggest adding something between the color filled drops.

2 Likes

This drum step sounds good, nice job on it!

1 Like

The whispering voice was from one of those old Microsoft text-to-speech software (Talk It), so it does give the 2010s vibe.

For the high end percs, it is a good idea, I completely forgot to add that though my bad, won’t happen again.

Before the drop was empty that’s pretty much true, I tried to make it at least interesting but in the end I just winged it till I make it lol. I should try to take my time instead of rushing.

Thanks for the feedback!