Feedback on this tree

This is my first attempt at making a tree in blender. It was pretty hard to make it look good because of all the vertices of the leaves. It looks a little flat because it was based off of bonsai trees, which are usually a little “flat” on one side

If u wanted to know how I made it, I merged the default cube at center and extruded that vertice with a skin modifier till I got a tree shape. Then I modeled the leaf and applied it to the tree as a hair-object-particle.

The rocks used are free models, credit to @gkku

9 Likes

It’s really nice, how was it made? If it was made with a new mesh every leave the performance for it will be very poor

I modeled a simple leaf with about 4 of 5 faces, and then applied to it the trunk using the leaf as the hair particles.
After that I had too many tris so I un-subdivided it (The leaves on the tree) and exported two versions: One with flipped normals so there wouldnt be any weird transparencies, and one with the normal normals.
After that I imported them into roblox and positioned them correctly. (I also duplicated the mesh with the leaves about four times to get a fuller tree)

Sorry if its hard to understand what i’m saying cause I have a habit of rambling on and making my writing hard to understand

2 Likes

Wow, this is a very nice tree.

1 Like

Woah!! Very pretty, I love it.
An, yes Stan Nicki. x

3 Likes

That tree is beautiful, haven’t seen much like it on Roblox! I love the way it bends to side. Well done! :+1:

1 Like