Feedback on thumbnail GFX!

About

Here is a GFX I made for someone. I use Cinema 4D and Photoshop. It took ~3 hours to make. My overall hope for GFX is to be like @i5k . Feedback is wanted!

The image

Voting

• AMAZING I would buy one!!
  • Pretty decent
  • meh I could do better
  • ew

0 voters

5 Likes

Shadow, lighting and material can be done better

it’s a pretty decent gfx outside it’s small grainy noise

This is really nice, everything in it looks awesome but there’s some noise reduction that could be done, that’s something i struggle with also :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

it might just be me but the shadows/shine look awfully odd in some places?

Certain areas I circled are ones I have issues with. The way the character is what I presume to be swining the scythe at the other character looks like he is about to trip or something? The posing is very odd in my opinion, try making sure it is readable.

The orange tree stands out to me very quickly in the image rather then the character first. Is there a reason why the tree is orange or, I mean, I may understand it might be apart of the map but it seems like an odd detail.

The shine on the hair looks very unnautural (I mean its roblox though…), you should consider upping the roughness and adding bump or something to give the emphasis of hair.

Shadows look very stencily, faded, and odd in some locations?

Areas with alot of darkness like the house from behind lose detail very quickly, consider spicing up with light near the windows since they look like they’re bright.

There is no ambient occlusion feel near the statue and the arm, feels very odd in my opionion?

The wood on the well seems, flat? I can’t really put my finger on it but it feels off putting.

TL:DR
I see issues with lighting, material, odd shadows, emphasis issues, and posing issues.

1 Like

amazing. i will buy one. lol…

1 Like

Lovely GFX! It’s really nice and I love the low poly feels to it. There are some things that can be worked on.

Posing

The characters are posed quite nicely. Unfortunately, here some that could use some help.

Maybe adjust the arm so it isn’t going through the body. (Once I see it I can’t unsee it)
This character pose is a bit strange. It looks like it’s falling. Bring one leg forward or it’s going to look like it tripped over something. The way they are holding the scythe also seems very strange. I suggest when posing to look up some photo references.

Like this image for example:

Thank you google
Since it looks like your intention was to have the character attacking, use photo references like the one I show to pose the character. See how the reference uses two hands instead of one?

Don’t forget the statue. Even they shouldn’t have a stiff pose.

Tree Placement

The first thing that I notice is the bright orange tree
Keep in mind anything bright or vibrant will catch the audience’s eye first. Then after a while, the bright vibrant tree will seem to be out of place. Add more orange trees or switch that tree’s color.
Yes, I see that other orange tree hiding behind but I can barely see the outlines. This is why the orange tree up in front seems to be out of place.

You can either change the color or add more orange trees.

Weapons

Why are all the weapon blades the same color?

Give is a variety of colors. It doesn’t have to be plain white. Some can be silver. You can add weapon effects/particles to give it a unique look. Still looks good though :+1:

Shadow and Lighting

The shadows and lighting are visible clearly. But they can be done better. Study some tutorials on shadow and lighting. You should do some shading too on photoshop to bring out the shadow parts.

Overall an amazing GFX. Keep improving :+1:

1 Like

Work on the lighting ! its good tho

1 Like

Perhaps add some depth of field?

1 Like