Feedback on thumbnail

how dose this looks

this is for my role play game cats that for 12 and under and I made over 10 thumbnails and this was my best how can I made it better?

btw I used ibispaint

1 Like

First, the green outline with the text looks like it was on a green screen. iBis Paint X has a built in text feature on the sidebar menu.

The cats are extremely confusing with the renders. I have no idea what is happening and what your game is about. A game icon should tell a bit about what the game is about.

It needs to be sharpened and also dogs are better then cats :dog: :dog2: :guide_dog: :service_dog: :hotdog:

3 Likes

Don’t lie @BaggyChris cats are better

1 Like

How dare you lie! Dogs are much better!

The logo looks very contrasted and the cats mask the noob so you can barely see it. I’d work a bit more on it if I were you…

1 Like

First: the thumbnail isn’t even the same size so it is going to be extremely pixelated.
Second: The text and cats and the noobs arms are super low quality. Why is the arms stretched?

Well, there are a few things you should change about this thumbnail.

1. Use a different text color outline, a different text color, and maybe a different font. Some colors I would recommend are black or dark gold for the text color as the color you chose for the text sort of blends the text within the background. For the text color, if you do plan on still keeping the original text color you were already using, use black. However, if you’re going to change it, you should use white. By the way, make sure to increase the text outline border, it looks a little pixelated with the small size you’re currently using. You should also probably move the text to the top since it’s overlapping some of the images in your gfx.

2. Put a little more space between the noob and the cats, it’s a little overcrowded, and you need to give it more space for an appeal. Maybe make the cats a little smaller.

3. Try to give the background a little more detail. Use the magic wand/selection tool to give it some detail. What you’re going to add as detail is on you, but the background is a little boring. Maybe add a red gradient or something, I’m not sure what mood you’re going for, but try looking at some other people’s gfx or some more ibispaint tutorials for this. Ibispaint has its own channel which could give you some ideas.

If you’re a little confused by this, here’s a quick doodle I made of what you could do to make it look more appealing.

The doodle:

1 Like

thanks so much I have a very good idea of what I need to do now for my main thumbnail and may I use your doodle for my second thumbnail?

Sure just don’t erase the text where it says “doodle by jlenflo.” Although I’d like to warn you, that doodle probably won’t get very good CTR. But I’m not 100 percent sure about the CTR thing though.

ok wellI just made a new thumbnail and i will add yours as the other thumbnail and don’t worry I will not erase your name from it
heres the new thumbnail image

1 Like

It looks a little better, but make sure to practice anatomy if you plan to continue drawing. Make sure to fill in the little white gaps too btw. Make sure to change the text colors though, although it doesn’t look pixelated, white as the border color for “cats” would make it look a little better. Other than that, I’d say the new thumbnail is alright.

1 Like