Feedback on thumbnails wanted

Intro

Hey, I’m Tyntx. Recently my friend started a youtube channel, and I decided to help him out. I make thumbnails for his youtube videos.

Thumbnails

These are just some of the thumbnails I’ve made.

Improving

I feel like the thumbnails I am making aren’t exactly good, and I want to change that.

How could I improve?

Poll

Am I good, okay, or bad at making thumbnails?

• Good
  • Okay
  • Bad

0 voters

3 Likes

Your thumbnails say what the video is. Some have irrelevant backgrounds. I recommend using roblox backgrounds, and not putting exactly the title of the video in the thumbnail. It’s a tad repetitive to have the thumbnail say the name of the video in a different way. For example, the Skyblox one could have had the Noob → Pro thing replaced with “Skyblox” or something like that. Keep up the good work though!

1 Like

It’s Skyblock but that would have been a good play on words.
Missed opportunity lol

It was renamed to Skyblox due to copyright issues…?

-not to sound rude or anything but all you’re doing is ripping the thumbnails from the game from what other people have made and then slapping gaussin blur, then text with outlines on it.

Each having their own messy font type, outline type, width, color, etc.

I personally would recommend you practice a tad longer and make your own thumbnail backgrounds instead of taking others work.

You might want to play around with the fonts (Text styles) and work on some more small detail on them. For example try matching all colors and keep the background not too blurry and try to make the backgrounds be the right style / relevant to the video itself. Just work around with that, hope I was able to help! :coefficients:

1 Like