Feedback on town layout

Not too long ago I posted a scrapped city I built for a zombie game me and my team are working on. I recently finished with the general layout of the new map and come here to get your thoughts on it. Please let me know what you think and if there’s anything that needs to be worked on, thanks!

Please take into consideration that this is only a finished layout and is in no way meant to represent a finished build.

4 Likes

It’s actually a very nice layout, however, I find it very odd that you block off every single alley.

You should probably open some so there are three ways, instead of just front and back. A passage going from this building to the other building would be nice.

3 Likes

We are mainly doing that for the sake of gameplay, it’s a zombie game and we’re trying to avoid narrow pathways.

I’m assuming this is meant for a survival type zombie game. If so, i would definitely make the map a lot smaller by about a quarter of its size its at at the moment.

Overall looking very nice tho! :+1:

1 Like

Perhaps take out some buildings and maybe add a walkway? Maybe a path to a fountain where you could go out? This map is very huge and you don’t have much “free paths” where you can escape if you’re low on health.

1 Like

Love the layout of the town I feel like the building alleys look a little too tight as seen at the bottom of the map consider moving the part over some to create a better feel.

I like your use of design within the town, generally, as said above, consider removing some of the fences that are blocking the alleys. Consider having 5 or 9 open, giving players to escape, or hide so they won’t be trapped in one way of the building at the start it’s a little weird to close the entire town alleys.

It’ll make it harder to survive or escape before heading away from the town to survive, while it also makes it easier to close objects off things like broken pieces having them a little open could improve the overall layout. It’ll also make it a lot easier having all the alleys block would look boring in my opinion, maybe add a passage through some of the buildings, giving players time to survive or build their health up.

1 Like