Feedback on tumbnail

Please consider using the “What are you working on currently?” topic!

What are your thoughts on this thumbnail for our game, ‘Parallelized Engineers’? It’s closed for testers only now. Should you play our game if you see this thumbnail? Or what can we improve on it?

Programs used:

• Logopit (for text and alpha sign using Zekton font)

• Canva for the rest of the thumbnail.

collect all eggs for keys_20240507_164020_0000

Tumbnail by: @foodeggs7

3 Likes

Yeah there is way too much going and and the text can barly even be read, also its an icon not a thumbnail

An icon shouldnt usually have text in it thats what the game title is for, it should be a clear visual as to what the game offers

I think in terms of your game a good icon would be maybe a portal and then a fort with a character on iit getting sucked in @ParallelismTheme

Overcomplicated and not interesting for me as player.
On roblox game icons you will not see all this text, and such thumbnail won’t attract players.
Skipping that part, it’s really hard to understand what you meant with your thumbnail - some castle with ropes and fences on foreground, and on background you see landskape. It feels like you tried to combine 2 uncombineable images there.
Overall, my rate is 1/10.

This icon (thumbnail) does not look too good. It’s way too crowded with the text, and there is way too much stuff in it. No one will see it, since it’s small. An icon should only be a logo/a bit of text and something interesting.

New icon, only the background needs to be reduced better, it does not fit the 500x 500 image. more things can be improved?

collect all eggs for keys_20240509_161853_0000

Icon by @foodeggs7, with a portal effect possibly by @syndicate292 (uncertain if it’s from the marketplace or created by them).

I updated the icon a bit it should be good now feedback pls

Search results

Should you play our game if you see this tumb

Icon

collect all eggs for keys_20240510_153303_0000

All things visible reference to events new things update or sales

collect all eggs for keys_20240510_152255_0000

Little thumb all things

tumbnail

All items visible

Tumbnail

But is this possible with the tos

@astraIboy @GamEditoPro @agentphilip07 I updated the icon and made tumbnail

©Unviere

Assuming that your metal sheets for text is blue, and text itself is blue, it’s really hard to see anything. Most of your background also blue, and in result they all blend together.
You shouldn’t stick to game UI style in your thumbnail. It can be anything that’s just related to your game and appealed to eyes. (I meant with that that you in game use only red arial text, and in thumbnail you can use oswald green text if it looks better)

I think your main problem is that you work with big image, and don’t really understand how it looks when it’s on website. For me it looks like this:
Text can be read there, but according to some researchments, you as developer have around 0.5-2 seconds of user attention to catch their eyes on YOUR thumbnail. It took me great 10-15 seconds to read “Paralleized engineers”, and 7-8 to read “only ??? for testers”. Improve it further, good luck!

overcomplicated, uninteresting, unprofessional. words are purposefully mispelled too much, an unreadable font is used, the render in the background does not even look that great etc

2 Likes

logo seems paralleized as well

Too much unnecessary, useless, and pointless information for an icon, the title and description exists for a reason :pray:

Everything is misspelled. “fort trough you visit diverent”??? I can see you made this in a phone; auto-correct exists right? I don’t wanna be mean but if you want people playing your game, you need to at least put effort in making a cohesive sentence.

And terrible readability, I had to move closer to my monitor to read it, and even then, it wasn’t enough. Text would be too small to read in the website, and the colors blend with each other (blue text on a blue background :man_facepalming:). The average person wouldn’t put in that much effort to read a game icon. If someone is scrolling the website, this would not get their attention.

Do you think this read beter I used a darker colour I think it not but the zekton font I use in the game too

New text is much worse. Dark letters, dark stroke, and together they form unreadable mess. All letters merge together. Only improvement here is that I see now existance of top text. But lower text with yellow outline has completely blended with ground. You have degraded, sadly.

And now I made it more light

I removed the stroke should I do that too by the text down

Now better

i dont think you can fix this personally its best you should redo it, if i saw the thumbnail i would not click it, try getting higher graphics a signe word or two (just the title) get better font and have a diffent background shot and then deete every thing else entirely

1 Like