Feedback on UI design

Hello everyone, I’m working on a civilisation based survival game and I would like to receive some feedback about my UI I made. What should I add or perhaps remove? Feel free to share your ideas. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That drop shadow for the text is too far down. Bring up and try blurring it.

5 Likes

Does it change when you lose percentage?

Yeah, definetly agree. Also, the text style is very different from the circles, try removing strokes, making text thinner, raise the shadow, make it saturated and optionally blur it with an image editor.

1 Like

I have modified my UI. Yes, it does change when you lose percentage. I forgot to add an image that shows it, here it is. I changed UI by getting rid of text stroke.

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 17.23.53

Making text thinner doesn’t makes it look good in my opinion. I can’t raise the text any higher as I’m trying to make it look more 3D. If I try to raise my text, it will look like a shadow which is something I don’t want.

1 Like

I didn’t mean raising the text, I mean’t raising the shadow text. (the coloured text thing)

2 Likes

Make a border around the Hunger button, just like the Thirst button.

1 Like

It’s not a border, it indicates you have 70% and not 100%.

1 Like

Ohh, my bad. I will fix it right away.

I would personally match the shadow around the circle around “Thirst”, on the circle above “Hunger”.

1 Like

With ‘make the text thinner’ I also mean’t to make it the same font than the number, but I should have noticed you wanted a 3D feel.

The first UI looked weird, since the circle had a ‘modern-ier’ feel, while the text below had a ‘cartoony’ feel.
The other UI. looks more similar, but could have a slight blur and, as I said, a slightly raised shadow (compared to the first design).

1 Like

This looks perfectly fine but remove the text shadow

2 Likes

This UI design looks good. The text is kind of weird with the shadow of it directly behind and even with the letters themselves, maybe make the back shadow of the text blurry or at an angle. Otherwise, nice job on this!

2 Likes