Feedback on Underwater Castle Music

Heya there Robloxians!

Awhile ago I made this song called “Castle Caverns of Neptune”, I thought while it had a good base, the execution was a bit weak, so I decided to remake it entirely!

(If you want to skip the intro, just go straight to the 0:45 mark.)

If you wish to hear the original, or read up on what the scene for the song is supposed to be, you can find it at this post right here.

Thank you all very much for your time, can’t wait to hear from you all! :>

4 Likes

Really cool soundscape - I really like it. I would be tempted to make the 7th note in the initial apreggio a flat untill you reach the chorus where the chorus lead comes in the switch back. It’ll help give the songs 2 sections a more distinct feel

1 Like

it is very loud and very intense for what it is supposed to be like.

I like it a lot, although it sounds a little too excessive for the circumstance.

1 Like

Mix is unbalanced and rhythms are quite random. Although that, the idea sounds great as a starting point with those instruments factored in.

The mix needs to address the sudden square wave that somehow is protrudes the entirety of the track, doesn’t quite follow the general feel. The other elements are fine, however. To fix this, tame the high frequency with an appropriate low-pass filter with a somewhat high cutoff to not lose too much its original energy, but adequate to not pierce.

Rhythms are quite a mess, you might consider cutting the drum sample apart and placing it back and forth to sync with the “pulses” of the song.

1 Like