Feedback on upcoming game?

Hello there, developers!

I’m currently creating a game right now but I feel like something in the game is missing. If you have ANY criticism, wether it be constructive or not, don’t hesitate to reply!

The game is meant to be a lore-focused, rogue-like game. Basically inspired by games like Deepwoken, Lore Game, and Verdant Moon, since there aren’t that many games like that out there. I wanted to capture that sad, lonely, yet adventurous feeling that’s captured within some of these games.

Thanks!

Please do remember that the game is not even halfway finished and if an area is blank, it’s not done.

(we’re hiring btw :wink: )

4 Likes

Hi!

This game is looking really good and I like the vibe a lot! I just have some suggestions:

0.5. The starting menu looks a bit bland now, but I’m sure it will improve.

1. UI doesn’t scale. This is my entire windowed screen.

1. Text is a bit too small in my opinion.

1. Music is nice but sounds a bit too up-beat for the dark cave the game is set in.

2. Some other audio effects would be nice. Such as footsteps on ground would be nice!

3. This cave was waayyyy too dark. I had to turn my gamma up to see properly.

1. This parkour section looks a bit out of place in my opinion. Maybe some angled pillars you need to jump from one to another that look like they belong in a dark cave?

(like this, you used these later in the game)

1. These wood tips on the barricades look a bit bizzare, maybe a square-based pyramid look with a point would be better?

1. It is a bit odd to have just a ferris wheel in a cave, maybe some other abandoned buildings would really play into the theme and also add some layers to what the NPCs are talking about. It doesn’t feel like an underground neighbourhood. (There is a house later but only one)

2. This sign font is weird in respect to the theme of the game

1. Multi-line dialogue would solidify the NPC’s behaviour, and allow us to connect with them.

2. Finally, the story is not solidified very well. I don’t exactly understand what is happening, but have a vague idea. A short cutscene or more NPC dialogue would be great!

Thats all I’ve seen for now in the game, let me know if I missed an area. But I think the concept for the game is really cool, and so far, you’ve done a great job!!

2 Likes

Yup, working on that.

Bizzare. It works just fine on my computer.

I’ll definitely improve that!

It’s meant to be an exploration-type music. I’ll be sure to go make it fit the game’s theme better.

Was planning to add that!

In some areas, it’s meant to be darker. You can click 1 for the lantern. I’ll make it a bit brighter.

Now that you point it out, that makes sense.

I was too lazy to make them sharp ;-;

I do feel like it still fits in there. I could definitely add some sort of clarification for why or how it’s there. Also, I’m still adding more areas and houses everywhere, I just didn’t get there yet.

I’ll change that.

I was considering to add that but I kinda gave up on it because it seems pretty troublesome to script it, but I’ll definitely work on adding that.

It’s meant to be a mysterious story that isn’t revealed to you directly. I’ll definitely add an intro for the main menu!

Thanks so much for the feedback, I really needed it! I’ll work hard on improving all those things!

1 Like