Feedback on wip low-poly map

:wave: Greetings, developers! Today I wanted to share a map that i’ve been working on currently just for pure fun.

:heart: Any criticism is welcome, thank you!

9 Likes

It looks really really really good! I like the lighting and rain effect. Really, the only thing I would change would be the flowers. They look good, but they are less detailed than the rest of the map. I think the reason they look out of place is that they are blocky and angular. But the rest of the build is beautiful, and you did an amazing job!!!

3 Likes

This looks very good! I like the style, lighting, and theme of it! Nice job!

2 Likes

This looks amazing, my jaw dropped as soon as I saw the first photo! I really love the sound design- sounding different outside than it does inside the house. All the softer materials (Curtains, mats) look realistic and nice.

I think that the mushrooms should be placed closer together, and in sorts of clusters of size. For realism, having mushrooms means you have good dirt for life. In turn- mushrooms are often in clumps or small groups. It does look like a real, healthy, lively forest. I love it!

I agree with what Glory said- they look kind of odd being perfectly straight up. I think varying sizes might be nice.

Oh- total sidenote but when I heard the SDV winter theme I was like “Wait- did I accidentally click the album on Spotify??” nice choice (:

3 Likes

Hey, thank your for your feedback! Really appreciate it!
For the flowers, I totally agree with you. Thanks for the advice!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the feedback!
I never thought about the little mushroom groups, that is a very nice idea, thank you!

For the SDV theme, i know right! That game has the best ost for this kind of atmosphere!

2 Likes

Love SDV so much. Glad to have provided some sort of help! I can’t wait to see where this’ll go :doh:

1 Like