[FEEDBACK] Quick Map I made in 3 days... with some buildings

I’ve been thinking for a few days whether or not I should put this on devforums considering I made this map in 3 days for basically free.
The bridge is kinda messed up I was gonna re-do it but I was told that it didn’t matter since it still functioned as a bridge.
I wanted to remake the map of this cafe game due to it being very simplistic and had very little in it.
I’ve made practically everything EXCEPT the cafe, and the stuff in the cafe.
Everything that is made is a mesh or a very simple build. Please consider the time it took to make and the fact i was getting pretty much no funds for this build.
I’ve learned a few new tips and tricks since this (made this on march 2nd or so, finished the 5th.) The interiors of the buildings are lacking ALOT of decor, it didn’t matter due to the person I was making it for not minding if it was empty-ish. The main focus was the terrain and overall map in general. This was basically my first medium-ish scaled build in years. A test build so to speak. And without further ado here are the pics. Don’t be too hard on me plz lol i’d appreciate any form of feedback.

No idea if there was a way to make these pics smaller but uh, yeah! I’m working on other stuff and a legitimate showcase soon. Til then I’ll just be giving feedback! Thanks for viewing and remember… this was made in 3 days, and was basically my test to see how everything is when making terrain with meshes.

7 Likes

Actually, it’s surprising you made this map in 3 days.
The structure of your building to be honest is great.
The way you made this trees looks so remarkable!
Though if I were you I recommend you make the colorless trees’ leaves
to orange or yellow because in my perspective the autumn color for your trees will really fit the scene and also I find the autumn tree color to be more nicer and scenic.
In all you did a really interesting job for just 3 days because the map you developed to be honest in my opinion could be recommendable in a quality pool and beach game.

2 Likes

True, I see what you mean. However to be fair the client wanted the trees to be a snowy color so I had to make it as such. Originally I was intending to make it a spring/summer type of map but I asked early on what kinda like literally right after I made the beach terrain… So I just have the beach there closed off until the client wants me to make a summer update. Thanks for the feedback!

It really looks like the beach is abandoned, go to lightings to make it a bit summer type.

Huh? The game – as evident by the white snow on the ground and lighter toned tree leaves is set in winter.

I made the beach prior to me knowing that she wanted it to be winter.
So instead of deleting it i just placed it there with an “under maintenance” sign thingy.

The summer update won’t come until actual summer season and I can’t make it unless the client wants it done. It was a virtually free build as well.

If the game is set in winter, could you at least make the place a bit lighter?

Actually, if you want the trees to look snowy you should make the tree’s leaves green.
Then color the top of tree’s leaves white.
Like this style the green leaves is still visible but halfly covered by snow.

1 Like

I feel the buildings look a little too box-like, especially with the same texture on walls as the floor and ceiling. Also, the models look a little inconsistent, but it might just be me. Regardless, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Good idea, whenever the next wintery-map thingy i have to make i’ll try implementing that idea instead of fully “Snowy”.

1 Like

I’m not exactly too sure wym by inconsistent models, theres 3 - 4 trees that are pasted across the map at different angles. The hedges are made there so its not possible to come from the back into the restaurant… like a garden per say…
The main focus was the map, not exactly the buildings. I kinda rushed on them. I’m perfectly capable of creating decent buildings if you look at my other feedback threads. However I agree with texture, I need to find a texture style for low poly buildings and decent poly ones. Thanks for the feedback.

I meant that some of the models seem clearly better made than others and they don’t seem to be following a style very closely.

1 Like

Ahh I see what u mean… Yeah some stuff were made better than others. I didn’t establish my style yet but rn I’m leaning more towards the low poly side.