[FEEDBACK] Race Track

Try to add more details like lines from the tires, parts which fell off a car, supporters, finish line, start lights, a board with the leaderboard, …

To add to what Paul was saying, here is at least some of the changes I’d propose to add a bit more spice to the map. I did not include any signage or buildings, but it’s certain the kind of thing you should use to fill up the infield area as well.

For tire walls, rather than using actual tire meshes, which would be more expensive, consider this textured alternative.

You can also find tree decals that can be turned into textures, for the same purpose rather than having mesh trees that will be more intensive. Here’s an example of that to help you get inspired.

Another good idea is to use catchfencing along areas where fans would be. Catchfencing now a days is so common near fan areas to keep them safe from cars flying off the course, and in may series it’s mandatory for a track to have some. But, it’s also good for scenery purposes too by adding more things catching the eye. You can find the one I’ve been using for years here.

Signage and signboards can either hang off the wall, or can be the wall itself, try out different methods for this and see what you like and what logos you think look good.

Don’t be afraid to customize your rumble strips. While Red & White is the most common color, you can go for a variety of colors to mix it up, and not all rumble strips for the track have to be the same color format.

Elevation change can go a long way, but don’t go too overboard.

There’s a lot of things you can do to spice up a track, and don’t be afraid to take inspiration from real life. Watch onboard footage from various racetracks. See what the drivers see, see what all you tend to notice.

1 Like

You’re a saint. Thanks for the info!

Edit 1:I just added a decal and it adds soo much detail and life!

1 Like

Maybe adding some barriers around the track? Like this:

Also, I just added the trees around the track and I’m wondering if it would look better if I take off some tress.

Could add a few sponsor places so you could make Robux charging people if they wanna advertise on the track.

1 Like