Hello everyone! I’ve got a game idea in the works which I’d love to share and get some feedback for
I’m the lead game designer for Dragon Adventures, the team and I are looking to expand our creative knowledge into another exciting game this spring & summer. Here’s the pitch & general gist below!
Enjoy an epic board game experience with friends as you duel each other to exciting matches. When dueling each user will be given 10 rolls for a fast-paced and exciting match where you can land on a multitude of event-spaces! Customize your very own board, made up of four quadrants. When you duel other users, your boards will come together so each match is a unique challenge. Unlock new types of dice, new characters, and spaces on your board! Users will be able to customize whether they want to be a mini-game aimed board, monopoly-like housing board, or mystery card boards!
PITCH TLDR: Large lobby, board games take place in the lobby so you’re not teleported somewhere else. You can customize your OWN board, and dueling players brings a variety of boards together.
Game main features:
- Board customization
- Each board has 4 quadrants which can be uniquely customized based on the types of matches you like to play!
- Playing games will earn you new types of event plots that users land on when dice are rolled
- boards can be customized with PLOTS, or you can decorate it with unique themes (candy land/snow world) and customize with fun little decorations
- Dueling experiences
- Players will be able to duel in 1v1, 1v1v1, or 1v1v1v1 matches! Up to 4 people can play together at once (there could even be mega-boards in the future where a large group of people could partake in mega-duels)
- Each player has 10 dice rolls, you can lose, earn more, or steal rolls from other users in your duel
- To win, you must earn the most money in the game!
- Board spaces
- Users will be able to set up their own boards to be minigames, card drawing, spin the wheel, and a large variety of event spaces that will make the game more interesting!
- Each board space jumped will earn the user a small amount of money, increasing with a small percent the higher number you roll! (if you roll a 3, you will earn much less than someone who rolls a 13)
I want to create a fast paced and exciting board game on roblox, that doesn’t make you feel secluded or feel like a 15-30+ minute game that just drags on without purpose
I would seriously appreciate feedback! When I was researching, I couldn’t find any useful board games that might help me with this game idea. What kind of board game would you like to see this turned into? What ideas could I improve or focus on? Thanks for listening! Sorry for the wordwall <3