[FEEDBACK] Simple low poly café

Hey. Ive spent a hour building this simple ‘cafe’(?).
Please, give a harsh criticism of it. :grinning:
Any ideas are welcome!

It’s also my “first” time trying to build something really. I usually code stuff.

Pics:

25 Likes

Hello!
So…i really like cute style of your coffee store.
But! You will a sign say 'this is coffee store"
I really don’t know it is a Cafe store at the first time look at the photo.
Thanks.

7 Likes

Nice attention to detail, things could be added to signify what the building is exactly. This would go well in a low-poly town game, I would love to incorporate a small town with different buildings and other activities.

2 Likes

Really peaceful vibes coming from these images, the cafe is well made. Very small and simple, but still well made. The lighting just makes the build pop. As previously suggested, I’d recommend making a small sign hanging over the door, or a small sign put into the ground saying “Cafe”, or whatever name you’d like to put.

3 Likes

Maybe a less realistic sky, default sky doesn’t fit well with low-poly.

1 Like

It’s a really nice build!

However, I would add some bricks on the walls to break up the completely flat one-color appearance.

But again, very nice build, and I think the meshing is good as well.

1 Like

I think its great but maybe you could add some details on the walls such as bricks e.g.

2 Likes

It looks splendid!
love the plant pots

1 Like

Nice build with this cafe. I like the cartoony looks of the exterior which fits in with the surroundings. However, considering you are building a cafe, you can change the exterior and the interior to make it look more like one, like cashiers, seats inside, and benches outside, as well as a sign. :+1:

1 Like

I think this is a great low-poly café design! The only thing I, personally, would change is the amount of windows, I’d keep the windows to the storefront and maybe half of each side-walls. To represent the lobby area and somewhat realistically leaving an area of the building for “employees.”

1 Like

closed closed closed closed closed closed closed closed

1 Like

This looks good, it’s not too complicated but not too simple. But if I were making it i would add darker yellow bricks around on the walls so there isnt too much of just the yellow if you know what i mean.

Hello!

So I really like the design of this cafe, considering the fact that it is one of your first builds, I just want to give some ways of improving it.

Maybe try to add a sign somewhere on the store, telling us what the store is.

I guess if you made the cafe a bit bigger, you could make the interior, which then you can also script the door to open, because as you said that you usually code stuff.

That’s all from me, good luck in future development!
Bye!

1 Like

It looks great. I would suggest making the windows neon and going into lighting and turning down the bloom. This gives the windows a cool effect like there is something going on inside. It’s really popular right now as well. The colors look great, and so does the look of the build. If this is blender, throw on an emissions node and have fun.

2 Likes

Looks really great! I’m surprised it’s your first time building.

I have no feedback to offer, counting everyone else has beat me to the punch with what I wanted to say. It’s really nice, though!

The render looks awesome!
I suggest you should fix your café shop!

• Add a Café Sign
  • Make the café a little bit bigger
  • Make a chairs and tables outside your building

And, it should look great! :grin:

For your first build, this is actually nice. I really like that you added the tiny triangle shaped tent to give this cafe more detail. I have a suggestion, you could put some sort of sign that implies this is a cafe, maybe letters written on the door or something? That’s up for you to decide. Overall, you did great.

1 Like

For your first build (and in general) it is a great low poly building.
Asking anyone out there though what this building
Is? Do you think they will say a cafe shop? Any time we make and develop low poly assets or maps, due to the fact they’re low poly and have less details than high poly and a detailed build, they need to stand out as a cafe otherwise people wont know.
Personally I would’ve assumed something just as perhaps and ice cream store, small shop, and a cafe, but not everyone would think the same.

Try adding a low poly text sign that says Café or a small icon that shows it’s a cafe.

Replying to you, using Neon, and especially overusing neon is never good. For players with a graphics of 6> they will see an intrusive glow from it that is quite distracting.

Sure you can give it a try but if usually tends to ruin a small build such as this due to the intrusive glow. Still might want to give it a try if you want.

Hope I have helped a bit.

1 Like

A coffee shop sign would be nice as it tells the user what it is. Some tables or similar outside furniture would also be nice to see since it looks a little bit barren to the left of the path. Nice work so far though.

1 Like

Nice building but you should add some kind of easy pattern to the wall and maybe a sign saying it is a cafe.

1 Like