[FEEDBACK] Sushi Restaurant

FEEDBACK

I have just finished building a sushi restaurant for an client and I am wondering what I could do better next time for a build like this!

Images of Build

Overall I think it turned out very well but there is always room for improvement.

12 Likes

Hi! It looks awesome. Amazing design, you clearly put a lot of time and dedication into this build, well done.

1 Like

Concept feedback:

Ask yourself this question: What’s the first thing you expect to see when you walk in a sushi restaurant?
If the answer is something you don’t see in this restaurant, congratulations; you’ve just broken the basic rules of game design and conceptualisation.

It’s a sushi restaurant and not a cafe restaurant. To me though, it looks like it has been extremely westernised and unexpected in a negative way due to no Asian architecture at all, so that’s really disappointing to me. It’s also unusual to me, since people wouldn’t eat sushi outdoors, as seen in some of your pictures. If you’d want to stick to this design, you could, but you will need to either put a sushi bar or incorporate some of the outdoor furniture indoors. If you don’t, that’s totally fine (this is your build and not mine), but you’d probably get a lot of criticism and quite possibly be accused for misleading considering that when people think of sushi, they think of Asian architecture, not a cafe-style restaurant. As an alternative solution, you could edit the enterprise’s name from ‘Bloxy Sushi’ to another name, because this seems misleading.

I highly advise remaking this restaurant. Try making a concept document, gain inspiration through real sushi restaurants or pictures of real sushi restaurants and actually thinking about the overall design of the restaurant.

Building feedback:

Overall though, good work. I like the windows and the general interior design. I’d suggest you put Asian-style architecture because that’s a must in all sushi restaurants.

I do apologise if this post has been really intimidating, but trust me, valuable feedback is essential to your game.

5 Likes

l like it a lot but since it is a sushi restaurant it doesn’t really give me that “Japan” vibe, then again there are sushi restaurant aren’t just about Japan . - …

1 Like

Hi, thanks it is more of a western food chain rather than original asian architecture, like a fast food chain.

I see. Perhaps renaming your enterprise would work though.

As a Cafe you have hit the bullpoint but maybe not perhaps a Sushi Restaurant. When you conceptualise a place it is often good to use reference images for example of Sushi restaurants in real life.

But with that said I think you don’t need to make many changes just partial changes to the interior so use that as your starting place. It is clear that you have put a lot of time into this but perhaps try to stylise a bit more to the likes of a sushi place.

1 Like

I love the design and the warm atmosphere it gives! :grin:
I like it and all but it looks like a cafe rather than a sushi restaurant. I recommend you to put oriental decorations like Chinese lanterns, origami, maybe a dragon statue? Bamboo, shōji, etc. Anyways I really like the restaurant! :smile: :+1:

1 Like

I love the style, keep up the good work!

1 Like
  • Where do you find your effects like clouds etc?

• What programs do you use?

• Also what were those fonts? I want to download them.

I love the GFX, but I would make the Sakurou white not pink.

:heart:

I absolutely love the design of this! The colors and everything are just perfect.

1 Like

It looks really good! I’ve been to quite a few sushi restaurants before, the only thing I would say is the restaurant is too big, I think sticking to a single floor gives a more traditional look.

1 Like

It looks more like a cafe store than a sushi restaurant, but it looks very good.

1 Like

It looks really good and it’s definitely well-built!

However, much like others have said, I honestly don’t even get a hint that this is supposed to be a sushi restaurant. If you were to take out the logo, I’d actually think it would be a cafe instead. Perhaps I just came in with a different perspective, but I think that the building should give you hints on what it is trying to sell, whether it is through billboards, or a style of architecture, or colors, etc.

I suggest to make a logo of a sushi and place it in some parts of the restaurant. You could even fuse a little bit of modern arch. with Japanese/Asian arch.

1 Like

I really like this building. Good job!

1 Like