[FEEDBACK] Thoughts on my Graphics?

Hi there!
I am a self taught GFX designer that would like to improve on a lot of stuff! This includes lighting, sun rays, and more particle effects for my GFX! I want to see where I am now in terms of skill level!
Please give me some feedback! Thanks!

6 Likes

Wow! I love it, its realistic, and its beautiful! Personally for me, I don’t see anything wrong, so yeah keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

The textures keep repeating themselves and you can clearly see the hdri in the reflection of the glasses. In space there is only one lightsource: the sun. so next time dont add a HDRI but a sun or a huge emessive surface, so the shading will become better.
besides that i recommend you for using PBR textures so the textures become more realistic.

2 Likes

Ty! It really helped! I appreciate your advice!

I like it but if your goal is realism… USSF isn’t a combat branch… It’s focused on intel and recon

Ready for a mini roast? Here we go:

The station is wayyy to close that it seems to be casting a shadow on the ground? Consider putting it further away aka making it smaller (or just putting it further away), use DepthOfField as well to give it a blurry feel as it usually wouldn’t be that clear on the surface. The hills also seem very small?, try increasing it but of course, not too much to cover things.

Plant the character down more and rotate the torso to give it a more natural “balance” like to the character since they’re in space.

Spacesuit head also seems very odd?
https://gyazo.com/74ebd26ed8954e21fac00c13f6100ce1

You can see some face issues and a city (probably due to the HDRI you used), try replacing with a space like hdri that people make which should help.

Add a cloth texture to the character and increase metal on mask/gun, and add cloth texture to the flag as well. Utilize normal maps and bump maps if you can.

Texture on surface also repeats, try changing/using mosiac or something similar to mix texture randomization.

If you want to go crazy, add a rim lighting to reference the sun’s Very bright surface. The sun should also shine on the station brightly as well.

Overall though, very nice, well done :+1: