[-1.3/Main&Countdown&Library for 1.4-]Feedback thread for Find the Books

Q. Why you created before opening?
A. You can feedback to countdown room also.

Q. Is this really your game?
A. Yeah…

Q. Will countdown room automatically teleports back to main game?
A. Currently no.

Q. Board?
A. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/more-about-find-the-books/

I checked out the game to give you feedback.
What I noticed was that instead of being teleported to the game, I was being teleported to a small Baseplate with a countdown on the right, a book tool with some weird text, random models, a tbh creature balloon and, for some reason, a Mommy Long Legs model you can morph into.
I’ll adress everything I saw inside of your countdown room since the game isn’t released yet and give you some feedback.

1- The countdown

I don’t think it’s necessary to add a countdown, if the audience is small, it’s better to just make an announcement somewhere and release the game.
The first impressions from the game (by seeing the countdown room) are not very good, so if you want to make a good first impression you should make the countdown room look attracting, or just not have a countdown room at all.

2- Book tool

The book tool I found on the floor next to the SpawnPoint seemed to work well, you touched it and now you had it as a tool. When I opened the book (using left click) I saw a black GUI with the text “Unknown” and a lot of symbols I couldn’t seem to decipher.

The book tool worked well, the problem is the content inside it, I don’t know what it means but if it’s a teaser or a part of the lore (if your game has lore) I think it’s a good idea, but please next time add clues on how to decipher it.

3- Being able to scribble

When you held down left click, a black line started to appear where your crosshair was, and when you moved it you could draw.

I don’t know why this is in the countdown room but (I think) it works as intended, the problem might come when someone decides to draw inappropiate stuff, so you need to be careful with giving the players power to draw anything without any moderation.

4- Player’s avatar not loading correctly

You might’ve noticed in the last screenshot that the only thing that loaded from my character was the cosmetics, I don’t know why this happens but I tried rejoining the game several times and it wasn’t just a one-time issue, it happened everytime.
PlayerTransparency

5- Random models

There were things in the game that really made you think “Why is this here? What is it’s purpose?”, for example, this random wall with floating stuff.
RandomModel1
I got creative and played three in a row inside it but I actually don’t know why that is there.
Another example is this balloon that was welded into the Baseplate.
RandomModel2
I don’t know why there’s a tbh creature balloon on the ground. He’s just there, he can’t float.
There was also another random wall (without floating stuff) that was much smaller and a random grey block somewhere.

6- Mommy Long Legs model (Why)

There was also a Mommy Long Legs (from Poppy Playtime 2) model that you could morph into.

1- The animation when you’re on the ground is always playing a broken and sped up walking animation.
2- The “Stunned” button doesn’t work and the “Jumpscare” button only plays a jumpscare sound.
3- Why is that there? What does Mommy Long Legs have to do with a countdown room for a game that’s about finding books?

7- Game randomly turning very bright

Sometimes, without a prior warning, the game’s brightness values would go up by a lot, resulting in this:

After that, you get teleported to Find The Books and then teleported again to the same countdown room. I don’t think that’s supposed to happen before the countdown ends.
I also think it’s not a good idea to just randomly flash the user with a really bright screen, it’s not comfortable (along with the possibility of harming the player’s vision).

That’s the feedback I can give you from the countdown room, if you want you can add me or mention me when the game is released to give you feedback on the actual game.
I hope I helped you by giving feedback and I hope your game does well.

1- The countdown

I don’t know how to make attracting countdown room.

2- Book tool
Book itself is collectible. I need to fix priority of page through.
I’ll add clue through.

3- The looker reference
I found that drow will makes game heavier. I’ll disable it.

4- Player’s avatar not loading correctly
I know that game was failed to create at first time. Tell bug to Roblox’s staff.

5- Random models
I’ll change layout of the Witness reference.

TBH thingy is also called autism thingy. It’s about me.

6- Morph (Why)
I’ll replace model to the one actually appears.

7- Portal activated at wrong timing
I’ll fix about portal’s wrong activating.

1 Like

Notice

Fixed mobile run button.

Infini true loops are danger when there is no breaks and change of correspond value.

Don’t worry. Same morph at roof of market. Recorded before changing GUI.

I played this game for half an hour, collected every badge (except the Server Sharer, Starlight Julybook and the Unlocked Hook badges) and tested everything that I could inside the game. Here’s the feedback I can give you:

This crosshair button doesn’t work.
CrosshairButton

The spawn is too tall and for some reason there are some grey parts appearing on the spawn and later deleting themselves only to appear once again in a few seconds.
SpawnTooRaised

Right next to the spawn there’s a place where you can just jump into the void, I see that there are traffic cones but you can still jump into the void. I reccomend you add an invisible wall or just cover that part of the map.

BookDex doesn’t work, the only thing that works is the search bar.

The Shout button doesn’t work.

There is z-fighting all over the streets (z-fighting is where textures are glitching), to fix this simply union the parts that are z-fighting.

The dialogue with this character is half written on English and the other half is written on another language. It’s better to avoid language inconsistencies in your game and just write everything using one language or add an option to change the game’s language. There are also language inconsistencies with other characters but I didn’t take a screenshot.

The “Make Waffle” thing doesn’t work.

The “Donate 1” thing doesn’t work.
Donate1

You can’t talk to this guy in the McDonalds building because there’s an invisible wall with CanQuery enabled.

You can use the + in the McDonald’s play place to make your character bigger, this wouldn’t be a problem if it could just be done from the inside but apparently you can move your camera inside the play place from outside of it and make your character bigger. This definitely wasn’t a good idea because if the character is big enough, you can get inside the Hackerground area which was supposed to be inaccesible.

I hope I helped and that your game does well, if you want me to playtest the game in a future update just message me.

1 Like

How to unlocking tool is in Market.

This crosshair button doesn’t work.
CrosshairButton

Showing Shiftlock thingy is happened to me too, in Markers.

The spawn is too tall and for some reason there are some grey parts appearing on the spawn and later deleting themselves only to appear once again in a few seconds.

That grey parts are for PC replacement of “Click to Move”.

Right next to the (market )spawn there’s a place where you can just jump into the void, I see that there are traffic cones but you can still jump into the void.

This is Alalal reference, but I might add invisible wall.

BookDex doesn’t work, the only thing that works is the search bar.

If “Click to Move” blocked button from clicking, next update will fix… maybe.

The Shout button doesn’t work.

Does’t show window too? If not, it requires keyword.

There is z-fighting all over the streets (z-fighting is where textures are glitching), to fix this simply union the parts that are z-fighting.

Low priority, but I might do this.

The dialogue with this character is half written on English and the other half is written on another language. It’s better to avoid language inconsistencies in your game and just write everything using one language or add an option to change the game’s language. There are also language inconsistencies with other characters but I didn’t take a screenshot.

Another language, you meant Japanese? I’m turning on translation for this purpose.

The “Make Waffle” thing doesn’t work.

This requires item. If you are holding required item and still not working, can you show what dev console saying?

The “Donate 1” thing doesn’t work.

I thought I re-enabled in my current version…

You can’t talk to … in the McDonalds building because there’s an invisible wall with CanQuery enabled.

Shopper Book? This is where I need “Conversation Offset” property.

You can use the + in the McDonald’s play place to make your character bigger, this wouldn’t be a problem if it could just be done from the inside but apparently you can move your camera inside the play place from outside of it and make your character bigger. This definitely wasn’t a good idea because if the character is big enough, you can get inside the Hackerground area which was supposed to be inaccesible.

…How can I add size limit to model…? But intended way uses Hook or shouting to show invisible truss then bypass and that’s not a issue.

I forgor to turn on an onCollide and almost impossible to cross in first state.

But I was able to one-way cross in this state.
Say NoHookSpam to corner of one of building and you’ll know why.

It does show the “Shout” window, the problem is that you can do nothing in it besides typing stuff.

You can make a function inside a LocalScript triggered by the .Changed event and make an if statement inside the function that checks if the size of the body part inside the player’s model is bigger or lower than what you want it to be.
I would code it for you but I don’t know how to make it work.

1 Like

Should I add “Echoflower gimmick”, that bloadcasts shouted message that not triggers something?

1 Like

Help me I can’t update my game