Feedback to build more realistic

Hello, this is my first post! I’m so glad I can share my work and receive some feedback now.
These are some builds I built last week (one is not colored)
I’ve been having trouble learning how to build more realistically and was hoping for some feedback from other experienced builders or in general if you have some pointers on what I can improve on please advise me. :smiley:

13 Likes

Are these meshes? If so, I recommend getting a separate software to texture them. If you can afford Substance Painter ($20/month) get it. For a free alternative I recommend Quixel. They make texturing very easy and make it possible for more realism. They both have large built-in libraries of textures that you can layer.

3 Likes

This build looks very good! I suggest making the textures/colors a bit darker to make it more realistic.

3 Likes

I love the first one!!! The domes look really really smooth. My main suggestion would be to make the stained glass parts transparent and place light parts inside the build, so it would create a very interesting visual effect (messing around with settings/effects in workspace.lighting will also help it look stunning!). Also, the wall texture seems a bit flat compared to the intricacy of the windows and detailing, but thats just a bit nitpicky :]

Overall, I absolutely love both builds!!!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll work on how to enhance my build with textures and I’ll try your light trick👍

In the 1st image the wood grain direction on some parts of the building is going the wrong way which you can fix by using a plugin. I also think that you should use some other textures apart from the Roblox ones because using other textures can make big differences and make things look more realistic. Also for the 2nd image You could add more bricks to the walls to make them look less flat.

1 Like