Feedback wanted for this UI!

Hey there, my name is StodiusDev and I want feedback for this:

(Based on @SourcedInfinity’s UI)
I want to know what can be changed to make it look and feel better, thanks!
(Made with Adobe XD)

7 Likes

Cannot lie, it looks amazing. I’d never be able to make something like that. It’s very clean and crisp. It is also really really nice to look at.

2 Likes

I like it, looks very clean and well made. The colors match and look perfect with each other. The GUI itself is clean cut and properly crafted. Good job, no negative feedback.

1 Like

Very nice! Add more padding and try to outline the UI frames white so it will stand out more.

Not really the question, but I would add light and dark themes for settings for players too!

1 Like

UI looks awesome, colors match and is nice to look at.

1 Like

Er, the similarity is uh…
(how do I say this respectfully?)

I would say it looks ok, but the fonts are…

i am not a fan of the italic font

also the spacing differences image

1 Like

I’ll be sure to fix that, thanks for the feedback! :wink:

Probably one of the best attempts of imitating my UI design. Pretty decent from what I can see, but I do have a few issues with it.

Italics should not be used in a GUI like this, I feel like that the usage of slant text doesn’t match the overall design of the GUI. Also, padding on the icons and text is inconsistent, I feel like you should provide more space between the edge of elements and the text that you place in.

The return button also conflicts with me. The styling of the button is meant for it to be text / icon only. If you’d remove the arrow and keep the word return, it would be reasonably cleaner.

The alignment of the text and the preview image of the vehicle is also inconsistent.

To be honest though, I’d like to give out pointers if you were going to seriously take UI designing as a proper career. It’s best that you provide your own twists to the UI you’re referencing. Although this does have some differences, the color scheme and the overall styling of the GUI is exactly like mine, which I respect your attempt.

When it comes to GUI design, you have a wide creative field that you can play with. You have the freedoms of creating your own stuff. Although referencing other successful GUI is a nice way to practice, it’s best if you consider your own styling towards the GUI design itself, including providing a different color palette to the entire thing.

This particular UI style isn’t even mine, it’s based off of someone else’s GUI design, of who I have been hired to replace in the midst of resignation. Thus, I’d like to ask you to provide your own twist to your creation.

Imitation is the best compliment I could ever receive, but I trust that you can do better.

5 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll be sure to fix that and give it some twist of my own! :wink:

Wow that’s pretty nice! Keep it up! :smiley:

1 Like