[Feedback] What can I Add/ Improve in This Horror Lobby

Hello :grin: Lately I have been working on a lobby for a horror game, and was wondering what you all think I could add and or improve.

It’s very empty at the moment, but you can see some tool shelves I built.
I was thinking of maybe doing something in the middle, such as a ladder to a low level. That’s it for this post, please send me your feedback and suggestions. Thanks for the feedback! :smiley:

6 Likes

In hindsight, it’s already look pretty fine. However, it looks really really lacking.

First of all, for a horror lobby, this has way too much “natural light”, while usually horror lobby took place in places where man-made light is more prominent and dominant (psychological thing where people would be way better in nature than man-made). Your idea for an underground shaft would be very nice addition, maybe you could add a trail of substance leading into it too, to give off a mysterious feeling.

I suggest you should add rust effects around the rusty lines, since rust also spreads around the area (not only on the line). Depending on what type of horror, you could add scattered tattered papers, probably old posters, etc, to make it looks abandoned.

edit: spelling error

3 Likes

Mind explaining more in your post like what type of horror game your trying to achieve? Looks nice! However i feel like there could be more objects throughout the build as it seems quite empty and doesn’t hold a lot of details in the area.

I would advise adding more to make it have that horror feel to the build consider adding rust or dirt stains on the floor so it have’s that effect your going for. Having the vent bars have a rusty material or texture could improve it more better something along those lines leaking pipes.

I do agree with what has been said above the idea of objects on the floor maybe some cracks in the walls, pipes and scattered parts as well as the ideas of paper on the floor. Make sure to not overdo the objects keep it simple not to cluttered or tight everywhere. Also this is my opinion, those windows on the build seem a bit good it’d look better if there was a certain design to them maybe scattered window pieces on the floor or more objects around the interior.

1 Like

Horror game style is SCP, but having a normal SCP designed lobby seemed lame and I thought a more creepy lobby would be better.

1 Like

Very good build, I like the textures, it makes it more realistic. The lobby seems kinda empty, maybe you could add some boxes, crates or other stuffs in it to fill it up. And as mentioned, since it’s a horror game, there’s too much natural light in there, I could suggest you to make it darker and maybe add a flickering light bulbs somewhere in the lobby. Great job anyway! :happy3:

3 Likes

If its an SCP lobby, since this is a facility, you should really try to make it look more “closed” in a room. Add warning posters around, or you could just do a huge broken screen on one of the sides of a wall. That screen could function as leaderboard too. Add cracked tiles, add weird splashes of substances around.

3 Likes

Maybe even a jump scare on the screen :flushed: (Randomly)

1 Like

Maybe you could add some security cameras around the facility.

1 Like

How is this?

I added a rust texture over the wall. Not sure how I feel about it.

Wew man, you kinda overdo it a bit. You just have to place it around the line occasionally, not the whole thing.

From this pic you can see the rust only affect the surroundings.

2 Likes

Ahh. It looks kinda weird and cut off when it ends.

1 Like

Then probably find another texture for the rust. If its too hard, it’s okay not to do it, but try other details that could make up for it

1 Like

Great lobby and use of textures so far!

I’d suggest adding things like player interactions, which means adding things that players can do while waiting. For example, you could add in map voting (though that should come later) or a simple and small obby.

Hope I have you some ideas & good luck on your game!

1 Like

Looks good, but I think it needs some more detail. Maybe some blood somewhere, a table or something like that. Apart from that, looks awesome!

Hope this helped!
Happy Developing!

2 Likes

There is too much light in the lobby, usually horror games have artificial, flickering lights from above, so attempt to implement that. It looks good.

1 Like

Some of my favourite things to make as a developer and to see as a player in a horror / story game are pictures / Easter eggs. and I believe they really build to the mood.

For example you could make a well known picture and maybe use ‘blood text’ and write help m- across it.

Or maybe have a picture of a fjord where everyone in the picture has the same face etc.

This would also help you fill up some of your empty wall space.

1 Like

Don’t like the roof. Maybe add different lighting?

1 Like