Feeling confused about this question:

Let’s assume I have 2 Roblox games " Game1 " and " Game2 "

There’s a part in Game1 that when touched, the player will teleport to Game2

Once they teleported to Game2 through Game1 , is the player still considered as a player for Game1?

1 Like

No, the player is entirely removed on one server & is added to another server as if they were joining the game just from the website.

But how??

Take for example Tower of Misery.

There’s a button in that game that teleports you to difficult mode in a completely new experience ( game ), tho when the player teleports there, he’s still considered as a player for the main game ( Tower of Misery )

1 Like

I’m confused as to what you mean here, but I believe you are confusing experiences (previously known as games) with places. Places are different places within an overall game. Let’s say Tower of Misery’s main place is the “easy” place, but when the player clicks the button it teleports them to the “hard” place.

2 Likes

If you make Game 2 a Place of Game 1, and Game 1 is the start place, then it will count players in Game 2 to be a part of the start place, Game 1. If Game 1 is the start place then it’s the only place that’s shown on the discovery page. All of the players for the the experience’s places will be listed on the start place page.

Here’s an example. You can access this tab from the configure experience page under places.

How to make Game2 a place of Game1 and Game1 is the start place? I have no idea.

Yes, is he still considered as a player for the easy one?

Only if you make game 1, the easy game, the start place, and attach the harder game as one of the experience’s places.

1 Like

No, because he is not in the same server as place 1. Let me give you a diagram

ROBLOX SERVER 1 - Place 1
ROBLOX SERVER 2 - Place 2
ROBLOX SERVER 3 - Place 3… etc… etc…

When the player teleports they are REMOVED from server one, and placed into server two. They are not on the same server, but on the ROBLOX players page it will show the EXPERIENCE not the individual place they are in.

1 Like

Okay I get it now.

Thanks for the answer!

No problem! If possible could you click the “Answer” button so that in the future if this discussion is seen people are able to skip to what they need?

Answer button? How do I do that? I’m not experienced in DevForum.

Alright! Thanks so much for answering!

If you are still wondering how to link places, this is the official Roblox documentation
https://create.roblox.com/docs/production/publishing/publishing-experiences-and-places

A linked place shows all the players in it on the starter place’s webpage on the roblox experiences page. Only the start place is visible on that page for players to join.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

I’ll give it a read

2 Likes