Female Custom Characters

This may of been asked before, however I’d like to get your opinion on female custom characters in Roblox games.

As more and more games are releasing, a lot of them are using custom characters instead of Roblox’s ones, and most will either have a male character and a female, but with no distinct female features other than hair.

So, are chest bumps, which resemble breasts (which are covered by clothing) allowed?

Examples

A Fortnite Female Skin:

And what is your opinion on the subject? Do you believe they should/shouldn’t be allowed in Roblox games & do you think that it’s inappropriate to have female features on a Roblox character?

Thank you!

4 Likes

I’ve seen some rthro packages with chest busts, so It’s probably already being considered.

3 Likes

Normally no.
Of course, Breasts isn’t a bad then themselves, but this will have similar effects as the sexy bikinis in roblox. It could potentially lead children into searching up inappropriate images and having adult desires.
So please no.
Another point, individual game avatars is discouraged by Roblox, because that could be qualified as ignorance and competitiveness against the Catalogue. Plus I bet it’s much harder to be “whatever you want” with a player made avatar editor compared to the platform.

1 Like

You can probably get away with a few curves as I have seen roblox packages push the boundaries a bit, notably Kara Lye, However, I wouldn’t push it far.

Also, I see your point but I don’t think thats entirely true as roblox actually pushes support for custom character rigs, and adapting them to work with R15 animations and the sort, and even more with how they are pushing layered clothing

I dont think custom characters hurt roblox that much, as they are still getting a profit from the games monetization, and some games tend to make character customization monetized anyways.

4 Likes

It doesn’t, but it’s not encouraged. I would certainly hate to death a platform where every game has their own avatar.
Plus, it’s not respectful to make the players who paid for their avatar to play with a brand new free one. The best way to deal with this is probably Bedwars, they give you the choice to pick.
If it’s truly nessesary to use their game’s costumes I still suggest the game to not modify the player’s face.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t allow it, as long as you don’t make them abnormally large. It’s part of the female body anatomy.

10 Likes

Of course it’s fine as long as the character doesn’t have huge boobs.

2 Likes

I was not expecting this on the DevForum today

11 Likes

Agreed though what did you expect when making this topic. I know it’s a valid topic and you have good intentions but like…

6 Likes

Ya, ok. I understand your point now.

3 Likes

do you hate steam too? they dont have a standard set of avatars

1 Like

Steam is not a game platform, it is a marketplace, where they do not have their own style, nor products, and it is purely sold individually by the user creators, unlike Roblox.

2 Likes

Steam is an online video game platform in which players can access “30,000 games from AAA to indie and everything in-between.” Roblox is a marketplace just as steam is. Most of the good games cost to play. The only difference is that roblox is more centralised as it offers beside a common engine, avatars and badges but that doesnt mean every game has to use of them

2 Likes

Roblox and Steam have very different platform economical models, Roblox centralize the currency, games and obtainable items to create an organized and collective game universe, while Steam focuses on selling each games individually.

They are indeed very different and i didnt question that. The point stands that its foolish to demand all games to have the same aesthetics (avatars in this case).

3 Likes

I’m sorry I was probably a bit drifted off when I wrote my first reply, but however, it is true that the Roblox general culture and specialty would prefer at least a fixed range of character styles from R6 to Rthro but nothing more than that.

I don’t think it would be a issue if its not excessive or clothing shows.

Here is one I made upper torso represents the respective upper body. Might be hard to see because of the dark shirt though.

1 Like

So like clothing side of things? I think that would depend on the character model and is it too revealing etc. If it is revealing then probably not

Shouldn’t be to much of an issue as long as its not made in a suggestive way, or along those lines. If its just average and doesn’t stand out too much I assume it would be fine, I’m pretty sure I seen Rthro packages with some

1 Like

I think its fine because they would see the same in real life. As long as you don’t show it.

1 Like