"File is corrupt" when trying to upload audio (bug has returned)

Reproduction Steps
This was happening earlier in the year and was fixed, but the issue is back. For me, this happens with any new audio. I am attempting to upload .ogg files. Here is one file I am trying to upload but will not work:

System information:
Windows 10 Pro / Nvidia 2080 Super / i7 7700k @ 4.80GHz / 32GB

Previous thread about issue:

Expected Behavior
I would like to import audio files to use within my Roblox game.

Actual Behavior
Bulk or single, they will never be able to import. I am unable to import new audio to use in my games which means I cannot implement my new updates. This also consumes robux without uploading the audio or refunding. I’m not sure how much I have lost personally, possibly upwards of a few 1,000 R$.

This also errors when trying to upload through the website:

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-06-01 00:06:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-10-16 00:10:00 (+01:00)

2 Likes

Bonus: new issue has cropped up with uploading meshes. Could be related?

I also cannot upload images right now seems like upload services are down?

2 Likes

Roblox is currently down at the moment. You’re just going to have to wait it out.

I’ve been experiencing the audio upload bug for at least a week :frowning:

Hello @ZacAttackk.
Thank you for reporting this issue. The problem with your audio file is that the bit_rate is too high. ffprobe reports the bit_rate = 4294967294. How are you creating these audio files?
Our system requires bitrates < Int32.
We hope to be able to give you better error messages in the future, but until then, please continue to report issues here.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi! I’ve been importing sounds from a purchased sound pack into audacity and exporting them with default settings to .ogg. It appears my bitrate was set to 96000 Hz, and setting it to 44k now works.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.