FilterDescendantsInstances not working!

I’ve been trying to find a solution to this problem of mine but to no avail. I’ve browsed through a dozen of DevForum posts that had solutions that didn’t work for me and thought I might as well make a post myself.

local replicatedStorage = game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage")
local gunService = replicatedStorage.GunService
local serverScriptService = game:GetService("ServerScriptService")
local userInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")
local starterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")

gunService.RemoteEvents.FireBullet.OnServerEvent:Connect(function(player,handle,mousePos)
	local rayOrigin = handle.FirePoint.Position
	local rayDirection = (mousePos- rayOrigin).Unit
	local raycastParams = RaycastParams.new()

raycastParams.FilterType = Enum.RaycastFilterType.Blacklist
	raycastParams.FilterDescendantsInstances = 
		{	player.Character, 
			workspace.Baseplate 
		}
	print(raycastParams.FilterDescendantsInstances)

local raycastResult = workspace:Raycast(rayOrigin, rayDirection*300)

if raycastResult then
		local hitPart = raycastResult.Instance
		print(hitPart)
		hitPart:Destroy()
	end
end)

Firing the ray works fine, and deletes whatever it lands on but sometimes it has this problem where it just hits the character and deletes their limbs.
I figured this would be an easy job for RaycastParams.FilterDescendantsInstances, yet the array I’ve added isn’t taken to consideration and things included in it like the workspace’s baseplate gets destroyed either way.
Note, this is a server script, RemoteEvent fired by a local script which I can send the code of if needed.

Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

also first forum post i’ve ever made hello everyone

You need to include the Paramus in the ray cast function

My mistake, I guess I just happened to miss that “small” detail… Thanks a lot!!!

May I ask, do you think there’s a way to perhaps improve the calculation of the raycast, or changing the rayDirection to something more stable? As the ray sometimes goes in a complete other direction than what it’s supposed to.