Filtering Comments on Assets

As a Roblox Developer it is currently impossible to deal with comments that are just attacking you for no reason, but not technically against the rules. So, I sort of have two different ideas that could help improve this:

One.
Allow for people that are blocked to not be allowed to comment on my assets.

Two.
Allow for creators to delete comments.

6 Likes

This is a good idea

However we need to bare in mind that some creators might delete all negative comments about a gamepass, so their gamepass looks a lot better and new players won’t be warned about anything from previous buyers.

I know there is still a dislike bar but this is something that must be considered

3 Likes

The main issue I have with comments on assets is that they are mostly spam and often just the same message being posted multiple times.

Another option could be instead of deleting the message the asset owner should be able to flag the message as “spam” or “non-constructive”. The user viewing the comments should then be able to see the most reliant comments and an additional option to show all messages.

1 Like

I don’t think that this should be a consideration. People who don’t even own assets can post comments. Until this is no longer the case, comments are not really a legitimate source of information for potential buyers.

Like you said, game passes can be rated.

1 Like

Here’s an example case of why I take issue with the comment section. Here is the story of a user, across 2 accounts, on 2 different games of mine, across 3 different game passes.

Yea. This happened.

Basically, to sum it up, they wanted me to help them work on a game, and I had no wishes to do that. The following thread occurs across multiple game passes on multiple games.

They then proceed to spam my friend requests. So, I had to friend them to message them, and proceed to tell them to stop doing that.

(Yes, that is a five comment chain one after another by the same user. My PMs are open. This is ludicrous.)
And then, this comment here is a reference to taking the Mesh ID of the car I use in my game (when the mesh is not free) and using it to make their own “better” game.

If this is not just clearly attacking me for no reason other than because, I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

Basically though. We just need… something, anything, to help remove out comments that have no place. I’ve also seen my gamepass used as a comment section for my game. Like for example, complaining certain things don’t exist in my game, or that certain things don’t work (unrelated to the VIP) or a whole host of things.

1 Like