Finally done with spear attack animations

What do you think?

49 Likes

Those look good! I don’t really see how you could improve because honestly they look very professional compared to a lot of games!

1 Like

pretty good, however it seems like whenever you walk, not do the sprinting animation, the spear just doesn’t move along and it just goes alongside the character. maybe make a custom walking animation as well as the sprinting one. other than that, the animations are great

1 Like

You made a pretty good animation comparing it with some of the experiences on the front page. Continue like this . :wink:

2 Likes

do you mean spear or a bo? make it longer, pointy, etc. also all the animations are super extreme but then the walk and idle animations are just… normal?

It is a spear/polearm, the model isn’t just made yet :smiley_cat:

1 Like

What’d you use to make the animations?

1. Very cool animations
  2. How did you get this good at animating? my animations are trash and slow while yours is out of the window, do you have any tutorials or tips to recommend?
  3. How did you make the camera shake for the player in animation???
  4. How did you animate the weapon

i don’t know how they made the camera move, im no developer but I assume they made the camera slightly move downwards whenever the head of the user goes down during the animation

1. Thank you very much :wink:

2. I have been making animations for several months now (Although I started in 2019, the days I made animations in amount to a few months). And tips for animations… I guess you should look for references and some imagination or visualization to help you envision how you would recreate this movement, etc.

3. Already stated by vAin0 (Although the explanation is close but the idea of the camera following the head was correct)

4. I have my own startercharacter rig that I made which allows me to animate one-handed up to dual-wield weapons. To start making your own rigs, I recommend watching tutorials related to the Moon Animator plugin, RigEdit, and other plugins that could help (Those two are what I mainly use to setup the rig)

1 Like

To make the animations, I used the blender software

Wow! It looks very clean :+1: good job!

it looks awesome, but I don’t understand why a spear would be holstered on your waist, and not the back

Oh it’s because I haven’t scripted that part yet. Supposedly, the weapon would appear
when attacking and then disappear after stopping.

Im super confused, do I just move the players head and then they just have their camera moving?

Looks AMAZING, I love it so much and cant wait too see the final product, I bet itll be so fun!

I know but how actually did you do it?

Bruh, how did you learn how to do such good animations???

These look amazing. I also love the run animation, and the little animation you added at the end of the running animation. Lovely work, keep it up.

Just out of curiosity, how many key poses did it take for the combat animations?

did you use IK as well to make it?