Finally finished making a working tank!

https://streamable.com/x73fqx
Took me about a week to finish everything and make it all work properly

19 Likes

Ok but why does the tank sound like a revolver when it shoots

Epic, now we can play World of Tanks! (Jokes aside, this looks solid! Incredible job!)

3 Likes

This is awesome! If I could give ideas or advice for the future, it would be the following:

Add engine/driving audios
Add loading audio in between shots
Improve the existing sound itself when fired
Make a custom mouse icon/crosshair for the tank when aiming

consider making a multi seated tank variant next with a driver, gunner, captain/turret operator.

Also maybe make some buildings that can be destroyed by the tank.

I like how stable it is.

1 Like

Nice!! Did you have to find the tank’s rotation CFrame offset in order to find where to point the barrel towards your mouse in world space? I’m only asking because I ran into this problem myself when I was trying to make a tank :neutral_face:

nice, just give the tank colors, better shoot sound, driving sound, engine noise and explosion soud you’ll be good

I didn’t change the sound that it uses to fire from the default one that I use for testing lol

1 Like

The first versions of the turret system I made used math.atan2(YawPartPos, MousePos) to find the angle. Since I couldn’t get it to work properly with Motor6d’s I ended up giving up and using a module script called TurretRotation (or something like that.) Might make my own system someday but I dunno

Really cool tank. I would suggest adding epic battle music. 10/10

Thank you man! Looks awesome! :fire:

Epic. I love this tank, and it works so well. Reminds me of tanki online, lol.